1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is this a good site to advertise?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by lorien1973, Oct 21, 2004.

I want to buy advertising on this site. Homepage ranks for gardening (which is a term I like to get my link on). This specific page has a PR of 4; but runs PSAs (at least when I look at it). I assume this is because there is no text on the page, just a bunch of images. Is it a good page to advertise on for gardening stuff, since the domain does rank for the term, or - because the page is running PSAs - is it a bad page?

http://www.tropicalgardening.com/Shop/tgstoretools.html

lorien1973, Oct 21, 2004 IP
  2. DomainLoot

DomainLoot Guest

Best Answers:
    I guess it depends on a LOT of things...

Cost for one :)

Traffic
    PR (For some this matters, others not)
    Incoming Links

+ What do expect to gain out of your ad purchase? Awareness, SEO "stuff," Traffic...

I wouldn't necessarily say it's good or bad because of PSA.

Just my 2 cents ;)

Good luck,
    Mike

DomainLoot, Oct 21, 2004 IP
  3. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Traffic and incoming links are pretty negligible (sp?) - 300 or so according to yahoo.

I am starting to appreciate the concept of "awareness" these days but that takes time so its mainly for SEO, traffic is tertiary. I emailed back asking for a homepage ad instead, and I'll see what happens from there.

lorien1973, Oct 21, 2004 IP
  4. dejaone

dejaone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If it shows PSA, googlebot has difficult to figure out the theme or topic of that page. link on that page may not help you much for boosting SERP.

dejaone, Oct 21, 2004 IP
  5. earlpearl

earlpearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure about that site but here's something we found.

We are trying to find further pages on which to link, run a banner, advertise on.

One lucky source was adwords. Our content visits amazingly came from a couple of closely themed sites. It has made us very aware of logical places for ads. We thought these topical sites may be appropriate, but we were stunned at the repetitiveness of visits from these sources.

One of the repetitive sources has great adsense placement. To tell the truth I wouldn't want to displace that ad but we might try and advertise elsewhere on the site.

We are contacting a number of these sources at one time, trying to find a best deal all around, (price and estimated traffic) That may allow us to negotiate a bit. I'll report more in the future.

earlpearl, Oct 21, 2004 IP