1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is this a good rate for writing?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jasontn, Jul 10, 2017.

This guy from a western nation wants 0.10 per 100 words. However, even in developing nations, they demand at least 1 USD per 100 words. What's going on here?

jasontn, Jul 10, 2017 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    He may not really be from the country he's claiming
    He may be a novice writer
    He may be keen to build up a portfolio
    He may take your upfront payment and run

sarahk, Jul 10, 2017 IP
  3. jasontn

jasontn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I don't know but I have to say, these rates are rather silly. But it seems like on this one site all these people are willing to work for 10 cents for 100 words etc.. but on DigitalPoint, of course, the rate is laughed at. Maybe this place is in some time machine from another era.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
    jasontn, Jul 10, 2017 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Those with ESL might, but you'll find the professional, first language writers won't be.

sarahk, Jul 10, 2017 IP
  5. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    A professional writer wouldn't take on a writing job for such a small amount. The only thing I can think about is a person who will put a random article he finds in an automatic article generator, which will give you an unreadable article. This is the cheap way to get a non-quality article. Perfect for your blog or website. Not.

MrKing01, Jul 11, 2017 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  6. Mechanical

Mechanical Banned

Best Answers:
    There is no way any person should pay an expert $.75 - $2.00 per word for an article! for a professionals paying really good writers about 2 - 3 cents per word.

Mechanical, Jul 14, 2017 IP
  7. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't understand how you can claim that it's good. You will not get a high quality article for that price. Probably you will get a spun article. If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

MrKing01, Jul 14, 2017 IP
  8. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    And... 2-3 cents per word adds up to (if 3) $3 per 100 words. Which isn't THAT bad. That's pretty far from $0.10 per 100 words...

PoPSiCLe, Jul 18, 2017 IP
  9. Allen James

Allen James Active Member

Best Answers:
    Most probably, he/she will just copy/paste some texts from different sources. It's possible that he/she can also change the order of the sentences, but for that amount I'm really doubt about it. My experience shows that the cheaper service always cost more at the end, because after you see the result it's too late and then you have to pay additional for better writing service and when you count it, it makes no sense. You will lose time and money if you higher such a writer. That's my opinion.

Allen James, Jul 19, 2017 IP
  10. thebrandman

thebrandman Member

Best Answers:
    There is no one best rate for everyone. Pricing has far too many unique factors to be a one-size-fits-all format. Your level of experience, how in-demand you are, your overhead, your client list, your standard of living, etc.... all of these things play a part in pricing.

Charge what you are worth, and what your target market will allow.

thebrandman, Jul 28, 2017 IP
  11. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I understand what you're saying but do you think it's reasonable to charge $0.10 per 100 words?

MrKing01, Jul 29, 2017 IP
  12. thebrandman

thebrandman Member

Best Answers:
    I can't tell you what to charge for your writing. Charge what you are worth, and what your target market will bear. That worth is different with each business, and what the market will bear (or allow) is different with each market. My best advice: try out a price and see what happens. Test the prices you want to offer, and see if your customers like them. If not, change your prices, and test the market again.

Repeat as many times as is needed until you find the perfect price model for your particular market.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
    thebrandman, Jul 29, 2017 IP