1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is this a good or bad backlink?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Matthew Sayle, Mar 2, 2015.

I could really use your help. I am going to be careful with posting certain links because I don't want to be banned from the only forum I have ever liked.

I have a website (duh) and I posted an article yesterday. Today when I logged, in I checked my Disqus comment dashboard and I have a comment which is basically the text copied and pasted from my article with a link to an internal page on http://www.scoop.it/.

The internal page is basically my entire article - with a backlink to my page. So I am not really upset about the plagiarism because I am getting credit.

I have never heard of http://www.scoop.it/ (I am not really a newbie but in the social networking world I guess I am) but it seems they have decent stats according to Alexa. So I am assuming the backlink is good. Could someone give me a pointer or two?

Do I ask that it be removed from their site? Or do I jump for joy that somebody "scooped it".

Thanks!

Matthew Sayle, Mar 2, 2015 IP
  2. PDD

PDD Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can exclude that link yourself in webmaster tools, but this is the kind of organic link that you want in general. Regardless if they're quality or not, unless it's really spammy and someone is doing neg-seo then I would keep any and every organic backlink you get.

PDD, Mar 2, 2015 IP
  3. tastysites

tastysites Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Scoop it links are designated no-follow anyway, so there's no negative impact on you. But it should be a good link for traffic!

tastysites, Mar 2, 2015 IP
  4. Curtis Dawson

Curtis Dawson Active Member

Best Answers:
    This happens all the time and usually is a good thing, you should be seeing some traffic from them.

Curtis Dawson, Mar 2, 2015 IP
  5. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google is aware of this kind of method and it doesn't pass so it didn't affect in terms of SEO but it will be considered as a signal when it comes to search engine.

KylieSweet, Mar 2, 2015 IP
  6. Roger hook

Roger hook Member

Best Answers:
    Backlinks generally read by google and if this not according to google they can ban your websites. So beware of taking backlinks.

Roger hook, Mar 8, 2015 IP