1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is this a good idea?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by sweetcrabhoney18, May 22, 2010.

1. sweetcrabhoney18

sweetcrabhoney18 Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks Eve. I tried to pm that person for more help and advice on those subjects but they never replied :(

sweetcrabhoney18, Jun 2, 2010 IP
  2. Ève2

Ève2 Peon

Best Answers:
    I presume he means crowd-sourced donations. Here is my idea. Have or set up an association with a local bookshop, library or educational institution. Think of a campaign or a competition which will demonstrate a mutual value of the association, for example the significance of literature for your media, locality, today's pace. Create a Twitter account named after your campaign and devise a locality-based event or donation drive that can attract people in-person or to a PayPal button. I will assume that the literature content you speak of is recognisable as good quality.

I don't brainstorm on behalf of for-profit marketing campaigns so yours is a thread I am happy to continue spending time on.

Ève2, Jun 2, 2010 IP
  3. sweetcrabhoney18

sweetcrabhoney18 Banned

Best Answers:
    What a great idea! I think I can totally do it also. It doesn't sound like it will cost that mush either. So much better than the reselling hosting idea.. Thanks Eve!

sweetcrabhoney18, Jun 2, 2010 IP
  4. laurentgina

laurentgina Peon

Best Answers:
    Good idea, go for it dude !

laurentgina, Jun 2, 2010 IP
  5. seo_white

seo_white Peon

Best Answers:
    SMART :)
    i am sure it's can bring much money

seo_white, Jun 2, 2010 IP
  6. Ève2

Ève2 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm glad you like the idea. Since it is neighbourhood-based, the easiest way to follow/be followed for promoting your campaign would be to find businesses and people with Twitter in your neighbourhood.

1) Businesses like to be associated with not-for-profit ventures -- it is good for their PR to claim support of local neighbourhood communities and acts of social responsibility. Target businesses who make such claims since this coaxes them to support your campaign.

2) As much as people like to Twitter with individuals they will never see in real life, there are many who prefer to actually meet like-minded individuals in their neighbourhood. Your campaign can highlight this aspect -- a good cause that will gather local people with literary leanings.

Tell us how your campaign unfolds; you have my good wishes for a successful one.

Ève2, Jun 2, 2010 IP