1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is this a good domain name? is it would you bid for it?

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by RDarby, Mar 1, 2016.

I am the owner of compareholidayprices.com

I thought that was a pretty good name to own, clear keywords no misspelling, is it worth anything? would you bid for it?

RDarby, Mar 1, 2016 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    My main concern would be that the domain name gives a very clear indication of the site's contents - but the niche is well established with big players who have lots of money and manpower behind them. So while the domain name might be "good" it's probably too late for it to have any real value.

sarahk, Mar 1, 2016 IP
  3. RDarby

RDarby Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yeah it certainly does have big players, this is true but even for an established player in this field, it would be a good domain to own I believe, alternatively, it may be possible to rank for that exact search phrase which would bring in some traffic. Either way Estibot put it as $1400 which isnt bad...

RDarby, Mar 1, 2016 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Give the guys at Expedia a call and see if they want it :)

sarahk, Mar 1, 2016 IP
    RDarby likes this.
  5. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I can't see a big player being interested in a name like that. Keyword domains get the interest of web developers/marketers, the big players will want something more brandable a lot of the time, especially in a competitive market like travel where you need to stand out from the crowd. The domain name is way too long to be worth much at all. Estibot's appraisal doesn't mean much, it's an automatic appraisal service.

dcristo, Mar 1, 2016 IP
  6. RDarby

RDarby Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    That is a fair point about the fact that the big players would want something more brandable, but are you seriously telling me that it doesnt have a great chance of ranking for the search "compare holiday prices" which is a fairly heavily searched query...

RDarby, Mar 1, 2016 IP
  7. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    It won't rank on the first page just because you have the exact match keyword in the domain name, especially for a competitive keyword like this. In fact, back in 2012 there was an EMD algo update, which made it even more difficult for EMDs to rank.

dcristo, Mar 1, 2016 IP
  8. RDarby

RDarby Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    hmm ok well anyway, I think it was a decent purchase, either to resell or eventually develop. Not expecting to beat travelsupermarket or expedia but we will see what happens

RDarby, Mar 1, 2016 IP