1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is there step-by-step help out there?

Discussion in 'Keyword Tracker' started by wordtamer, Mar 31, 2005.

Hey,

I have a website which I developed by using Bizhosting's easy template system. When I add products, I simply complete the template; and they stick everything in the right place. I don't know html--didn't need it with Bizhosting. I've been to Digital Point's site and checked out the keyword tracking and suggestion tools, etc.; but none of the language makes any sense to me. I know the "outer realm" of the computer--enough to do what I need to do--but I know nothing about the rest of it as in html, script, etc. I have a Google account, and I have my registration key; but when I go under prefs to add MSN and Yahoo to the tracker, I can't do it. How do I put the script on my web server? How do I know if it is php compatible? Is there a step-by-step process to follow that's in "stupid speak" for us true newbies? I would soooo greatly appreciate the guidance. I'm a weary, web-using woman. :eek:

wordtamer, Mar 31, 2005 IP
  2. dazzlindonna

dazzlindonna Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, the easiest thing to do is to copy the script into a text document and name it anything you want followed by .php (so something like dptracker.php). Then ftp it up to your server. Now that may be something you don't know how to do, but I have to assume that somewhere on bizhosting's site is an explanation of how to ftp up to your site. Assuming you figure that part out, you would then just put the url of the script (which would now be http://www.yourdomain.com/dptracker.php if you used that as the name of the file) into the keyword tracker form where it asks for that. If it works, you've done it right, and you know your server is php compatible. There's other ways of finding that out, but this would probably be the quickest way.

dazzlindonna, Mar 31, 2005 IP
  3. wordtamer

wordtamer Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your info. I did figure out how to FTP to the site in Bizhosting (they have a "File Manager" which allows to upload files. However, after getting the error message that the site was invalid in my preferences on the tracker site, I called up Bizhosting directly--they ain't php compatible. In their words, the templates "like to stand alone." So, if you have any other info or ideas, I'd greatly appreciate it. If not, I still appreciate your time/info because I found out how to upload/download files to and from my site to my hard drive. I appreciate that!

wt

wordtamer, Mar 31, 2005 IP
  4. dazzlindonna

dazzlindonna Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm...well, the good news is that you can put the file on ANY php compatible server and still have it run the tracking on the site that is on bizhosting. The bad news is that it sounds like you don't have any other sites on any other server. Maybe someone you know will let you put it on their server? I'm glad you found out how to upload/download files though. That's a good thing! (Hint: do a backup now and then by downloading the files. You never know when that will be needed).

dazzlindonna, Apr 1, 2005 IP
  5. wordtamer

wordtamer Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info. No, I don't know anybody else with their own server. Maybe I'll just have to do some good, ol' fashioned reading to help me optimize my site and hope for the best. :-> Thanks again!

wordtamer, Apr 1, 2005 IP