1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is there hide ads on google home page for firefox browser?

Discussion in 'Google' started by happydz, Mar 13, 2015.

hi everyone
    I installed µBlock extension on Firefox browser to block ads, I set Google as the main home page for Firefox, whenever I open firefox I see that µblock have block (2) ads; so weired. I uninsulated the extension to see the ads on the home page, but I can see any ads as it supposed to be.

the question is there really ads on Google home page for firefox? curious

Thank you very much

happydz, Mar 13, 2015 IP
  2. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are talking about Google firefox homepage and not actual Google.com homepage right?

Go to www.google.com (or whatever extension is your country). Then set homepage as current page.

IMH it loads much faster and has all that you need.

Mkcoy, Mar 13, 2015 IP
  3. happydz

happydz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank for your interaction and quick response
    sorry maybe my question wasn't clear
    I have set the homepage as current page as you mentioned above ,but the result is the same; I still have µBlock firefox extension get (02) blocked ads, although I did not see any ads before I install the extension.
    so is there really ride ads on this page?

happydz, Mar 13, 2015 IP
  4. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Forget µBlock. It's rubbish. Remove it. Then just install ABP for firefox. Will sort your problem.

Mkcoy, Mar 13, 2015 IP
  5. happydz

happydz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As for ABP it is good extension but it doesn't reveal the real/exact number of the blocked ads as µBlock does. To be clear, I'm looking for a way that may let me know the real and exact number of ads that's on the current page

happydz, Mar 13, 2015 IP
  6. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oh well why didn't you just say that? :p

I think you can view statistics somewhere in its menu. You'll have to ask in the Adblock Plus for Firefox forum.

You can always inspect the elements on the page and view the network requests. Shift+Control+Q
    Or view the source Control+U and look. But with ADP you can enable/disable and see that way.

Mkcoy, Mar 13, 2015 IP