1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

IS there anything i can do to not be thrown out from adsense?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by juice99, Feb 15, 2005.

Hello, i have site which has a lot of impressions but not big CPR. (i suppose i cant write it, but its really really low, extremly)

this is about some local (in terms of nation) political event happend here. So this site has a list of people some names, with numbers... Well it has also news page, forums, and some other stuff, like warnings for other people that this list is not official, also that if somebody is there that doesnt mean anything blah blah. anyways, this thing is now much more popular than "sex" keyword on all search engines here. sometimes it has become 3 times more popular than "sex" word.

The problem is, that some people link to me, some doesnt.. im usually near the top of 10 results in google, but sometimes im not... and i have very diffrent statatistics, impressions, CPR , CPM and such every day.

Im afraid that it looks suspicious, also the fact, that A LOT of people are coming here, means, they can see a lot of IP, which means a lot of IP that are the same (we dont have much IPs, a lot of people here are behind NATs - one public shared ip for many people inside one LAN)

I sent google two emails to support, with warning that im not cheating or anything and explaining situation, but so far - no replay (it was week ago)

Now the problem is, do you think i could be banned? This stuff im showing at my pages (And other people at other pages, im not the only one) is legal BUT there were voices that its not (its names and lastnames are personal data after all), but it seems that its legal afterall - second bigest portal here is showing it at their pages. Local search engine added "last names searching" to their site, and many other official sites are showing this data, but nonetheless i was already thrown out from adhearus and biggest local (in terms of nation) partner program (Allegro).

sorry for this essey, but case is quite complicated i think, and i dont know what should i do - i dont want to send them third e-mail becouse i dont want to annoy them. But im also almost sure, that i will be banned. (even tho not many people is clicking on ads, i have a LOT impressions, and it generates some money)

I dont want to wait and see, becouse if i get banned i wont be able to do anything then... so help please :p with advice. (im not giving link becouse i dont think its neccessary, but if it is well... i will see)

thanks in advance!

juice99, Feb 15, 2005 IP
  2. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    If you don't do anything wrong (it seems like this is the case) then you shouldn't have to worry at all. Stick to the guidelines and they will do their job. Don't be so nervous about it.

If yuo are really worried then there's only one thing to do IMO. Make sure you are not dependant on AdSense. Perhaps you could code a script that gives ads a 50/50 change to either be from AdSense or Clicksor or some other combo.

This way you won't be entirely screwed if they do suspend your account plus you will place 50% less requests to their service so in principle it would seem like less incentive for you to cheat perhaps showing them you're OK.

IP address is not the only thing they look at. They can tell when it's different machines and users so don't worry so much.

T0PS3O, Feb 15, 2005 IP
  3. Weirfire

Weirfire Language Translation Company

Best Answers:
    They're basically just looking out for the click through rate. If this starts to get a bit unusual they'll flag your account to watch what happens. I can guarentee you have nothing to worry about if you are sticking to their guidelines. If your site gets a lot of clicks from the 1 IP then normally they just block the IP. It won't make a blind bit of difference that you get a lot of traffic some days and not so much traffic on others.

Weirfire, Feb 15, 2005 IP
  4. juice99

juice99 Guest

Best Answers:
    I hope you are right thanks! im so nervous becouse i was already thrown out from adhearus.com without any explanation (standard fraud click message). Also i have read here many horror stories about google banning accounts...

If somebody is bored i can send you URL via PM :) only if you are bored and want to look at it :) thanks!

Maybe im little paranoid, but if i again see "banned from ______" mail, without (like from adhearus) i will be a little dissapointed... Also about Clicksor - i dont think it has Polish content ads (and google has of course)

juice99, Feb 15, 2005 IP
  5. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    Juice, dude, take a chill pill friend. Seriously, you really don't need to get all worked up about this. At least from what you've described, you should not have any issues. A lot of traffic and a low CTR is not unusual. If it were the other way around, then you would have cause for concern.

mopacfan, Feb 15, 2005 IP
  6. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    Although I have found that people who post here so nervous about being banned and give a story about how they haven't done anything wrong have actually either clicked on their own ads or been involved in a shady group that clicks on ads.

Not saying thats you but you seem awfully on edge and you were already banned for click fraud.

Just my observation of course from past instances.

yfs1, Feb 15, 2005 IP
  7. Weirfire

Best Answers:
    Was thinking the same yfs1 but didn't want to say lol

It really does ruin it for everyone else when people make fraudulent clicks.

8. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    I wanted to give the chap the benefit of the doubt ;)

mopacfan, Feb 15, 2005 IP
  9. Weirfire

Best Answers:
    But you were thinking the same as well weren't you mopacfan? lol

10. juice99

juice99 Guest

Best Answers:
    i dont know where is it going... but you already suspect me even tho i havent done or write anything wrong (anything about violating TOS)

Its like witch hunt. I know you cant understand that somebody can be innocent, becouse probably all jails all around the world are full of "innocent" people, but that doesnt make me guilty, does it?

I hope Google doesnt think the same way.

Im nervous becouse i see people everywhere saying they got their account banned, and SOME of them (small part) convinced me that they might be innocent.

about "It really does ruin it for everyone else when people make fraudulent clicks." it does, but what does it have to do with my case, as you can assume i was not clicking on my adds, nor asking anyone to click on them (since i read so many posts before registering in adsense, i would have to be extremly stupid to click on my ads, or ask anyone to do it) :)

anyways, i was thrown out from adhearus and i am 100% innocent. Believe me or not, your choice, but that just makes me nervous i could be thrown out from Google too...

i can write everything that could be related to breaking TOS (but is not i think).
    For example, using proxy server to see if my add is ok (NEVER EVER i clicked on it tho). I cant see adds from my IP and preview Google function doesnt work (probably NIS or SP2 blocked it). but it works when i use proxy, so i just use it to look at my pages and see what new ads are being shown.

sometimes i login every 20-30 minutes to adsense, usually its only few times a day or even once a day tho. I have one banner at the top of all my pages, that is not context-dependant, just a regular banner ( i think its not anything against TOS ? )

well and that would be all. Im also using same channel for several pages (i hope it isnt neccessary to only use it at one page)

Please assume im honest unless proven opposite :) And please understand my concern, i was already wrongly accused of freud clicks.

juice99, Feb 15, 2005 IP
  11. pg20706

pg20706 Peon

Best Answers:
    That's life man. Would you worry about you might hit by a car everytime time you go out pick up your mails?

pg20706, Feb 15, 2005 IP
  12. juice99

juice99 Guest

Best Answers:
    no no, i dont want to whine here about my problem, i just want to ask for any tips, to what to do to be extra sure that im not violating Google TOS.

juice99, Feb 15, 2005 IP
  13. Weirfire

Best Answers:
    You could read the TOS and follow it...

14. juice99

juice99 Guest

Best Answers:
    IMHO thats not enough. TOS would have to be 500 pages long to cover all possible situations.

Besides i read adhearous TOS and did not violate it, and they ban me anyways, so that it clearly shows that its not enough :(

juice99, Feb 15, 2005 IP
  15. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    Forget about trying to make money using adsense. Just put a piece of coal between your buttcheeks, you'll have diamonds by next week.

Breath in, Breath out

yfs1, Feb 15, 2005 IP
  16. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    And dont worry about adhearus, I was terminated by them when I didn't even get any clicks.. they are some bizzare folks.

Josh

Josh, Feb 15, 2005 IP
  17. juice99

juice99 Guest

Best Answers:
    that was helpful thanks.

oh, and also funny :rolleyes:

P.S. i dont know about you, but i dont like to have anything in my butt, but i suppose everyone is diffrent :)

juice99, Feb 15, 2005 IP
  18. Solicitors Mortgages

Solicitors Mortgages Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    incidentally, .....Anthony usually has his foot in his.

:eek:

Solicitors Mortgages, Feb 15, 2005 IP
  19. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    heh.. you are all too much.. thats all I can say :p

Josh

Josh, Feb 15, 2005 IP
  20. juice99

juice99 Guest

Best Answers:
    thanks for that info :) that would mean they got some strange problems then. Not a problem with my page :)

cheers

juice99, Feb 15, 2005 IP