1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is there anyone to stop google..?

Discussion in 'Google' started by smartminds, Sep 3, 2008.

?

will google continue its monopoly..??

1. yes

30 vote(s)
    73.2%
  2. no

11 vote(s)
    26.8%
    From a college project to a billion dollar company In just about 10yrs time...??? and still growing at an exponential rate...?? , has a footprint(much much more than a footprint:cool:) in all sectors of web industry, and now with the web-browser the golden egg of the web industry... its sure to stamp its monopoly in web arena,

is there any slag for google , anyone out there to put up a competition for it...??:confused:

smartminds, Sep 3, 2008 IP
  2. letsjoy

letsjoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, Bill Gates if he was such young lol....

No one can in web :)

letsjoy, Sep 3, 2008 IP
  3. vjlenin

vjlenin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google will reign fire for sure. But the question people ask is "Will Google reign?" Yes it will because Google is an entity that has a name 'Google'. Its what it does that matters most. If that entity's name is not Google, then it will be surely something else for isntance, Yahoo. Then people will start asking same question: Will Yahoo reign? Yes the entity that does what google does now will reign whatever comes against it.

vjlenin, Sep 3, 2008 IP
  4. angilina

angilina Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Google surely got on top quick. At the moment, I think there is no one who can compete or beat google :)

angilina, Sep 3, 2008 IP
  5. elanwelles

elanwelles Peon

Best Answers:
    It's a toss up. They faster they rise the faster they fall -- but I voted "yes" because at the moment there's no competition in sight. If the question is whether or not other search engines will reclaim the throne (ie yahoo) it ain't never gonna happen.

Unless they join forces. Enter: Yahgoogvistasoft

elanwelles, Sep 3, 2008 IP
  6. BitzDefender

BitzDefender Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Google has no competition really. But, I heard that some college students made this, who took tem seriosuly, their college students. Can someone explain this to me?

BitzDefender, Sep 3, 2008 IP
  7. nihangshah

nihangshah Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Google was developed by Larry Page and Sergey Brin, in the summer of 1995.

You can read more here:
    http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/13.08/battelle.html

nihangshah, Sep 3, 2008 IP
  8. kianah

kianah Peon

Best Answers:
    cuil will take over google within the next year probably.

kianah, Sep 3, 2008 IP
  9. BitzDefender

BitzDefender Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thanks nihan!

That's interesting to read.

BitzDefender, Sep 3, 2008 IP
  10. vansterdam

vansterdam Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Websites are always evolving and so is the entire web. Who still visits the same websites they frequented 10-15 years ago?

There are companies like Yahoo and Microsoft who could one day knock Google off the top. I think they are hesitant to step up and try to compete directly with Google right now. To fight that war they would need to invest millions and millions of dollars. They know that once they make a major move, Google could unleash a few of their side projects. They need the infrastructure in place before making a serious play. Microsoft is the closest to making that move, but they feel they need Yahoo's technology and skilled employees first.

I think they all know that the future of search is uncertain. One day a much more innovative website could come out that makes people question why search has always been limited to a text box and a list of results.

People originally flocked to Google because of the simplicity. As it evolves, the simplicity is gradually disappearing, being replaced with ads and countless options. What happens when a Google copycat steps onto the scene with better results without the ads? Who chooses the ad filled version?

As for cuil: anyone who's checked it out knows that it is far from being an actual competitor to Google. The layout may be nice, but the results are spotty. Plus I rather doubt this ex-Google engineer can finance the advertising required to take on Google.

vansterdam, Sep 3, 2008 IP
  11. lycos

lycos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There doesn't seem to be like competitors getting near to them at the moment. The only thing that could lead the their demise is that the company could one day become too big and coordination getting worse. That's the only way I see that could lead to their deterioration and control on the market hold.

lycos, Sep 3, 2008 IP
  12. ArcticPro

ArcticPro Banned

Best Answers:
    No, it won't. Guaranteed!

ArcticPro, Sep 3, 2008 IP
  13. atulperx

atulperx Banned

Best Answers:
    I don't think so that cure will be able to takeover Google life long . It is not possible , google is don of web lol .

atulperx, Sep 3, 2008 IP
  14. ArcticPro

ArcticPro Banned

Best Answers:
    You couldn't be more wrong. The internet wasn't even big 10-15 years ago. Second Yahoo and MSN USED to be on top, Google overtook them and they will always be in the 2nd/3rd ranks.

Any new competitor would need a MASS of funding along with the WORLD'S best coders considering that is one of the BIG things that Google does, hires THE BEST coders on the planet. Good luck, I'm tired of the "will this site be next Google killer?" or "Cuil is the next Google". The ONLY way anyone would beat them is by making searching BETTER. If the results are the same no common PC user is going to switch over to any competitor.

ArcticPro, Sep 3, 2008 IP
  15. WishBone

WishBone Peon

Best Answers:
    Google been great and it's hard to say if there something would surpass what they have already. They are so kind and developing something that will useful. Maybe somebody hates their changes in algorithm but these changes are for good, to get rid of those violators, Google want to make a clean internet. Sad but those who suppose not to be penalized are being, just hope they would come up a better algo someday.

WishBone, Sep 3, 2008 IP
  16. 23 Skiddoo

23 Skiddoo Guest

Best Answers:
    Google doesn't have any competition right now, but I'm sure in a few years something new will emerge.
    Remember when Yahoo was the most popular? :]

23 Skiddoo, Sep 3, 2008 IP
  17. hbseo

hbseo Peon

Best Answers:
    no one is near Google to give competition

hbseo, Sep 3, 2008 IP
  18. toretic

toretic Peon

Best Answers:
    Well you may say that google is like yahoo 10 years ago... or something like that.
    So to speak... you never know what college nerds will come up ;).
    But... i dont care if its yahoo, google or msn... i care about traffic... if it gives me traffic i will worship, if it dont i will curse it :).

toretic, Sep 3, 2008 IP
  19. lightlysalted

lightlysalted Active Member

Best Answers:
    There's always someone. However at present I think Google have the market cornered. The only possible way someone could break it was if they introduced a hybrid search and social bookmarking site, that was as a good as google.

lightlysalted, Sep 4, 2008 IP
  20. BackOfTheNet

BackOfTheNet Peon

Best Answers:
    I wish I had lived in the dorm next door as I would have heard their convos and either robbed their idea or bought lots of google tld's lol or even typos I too would be a multi millionaire by now :cool:

BackOfTheNet, Sep 4, 2008 IP