1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is there anyone out there making money sellling ebooks

Discussion in 'General Business' started by kissythecutie, May 6, 2007.

Iam thinking long and hard about starting a e-commerce site which focuses on selling "Business How To" ebooks.

To start I will of course use Resell ebook items but my dream is to start producing and selling my own unique content

Is there anyone out here that is makeing money reselling ebooks? Do anyone have an ebook ecommerce website and if you do are you making a steady income?

I know there are going to be people to say something like:" If anyone is making money selling ebooks they not going to tell you because of competition" and all kinds of silly stuff.

but I believe that it does not matter is many people sell the same product because on the internet it all about who can build the most traffic and who can collect the most email addresses of their target customers.

So please no replies about competiton and Noboby is going to share if they are making money blah blah blah

Iam looking for an honest assesment about the profitabity of owning an ebook business from people with experience selling ebooks in an ecommerce format

thank you in advance to anyone that replies.

kissythecutie, May 6, 2007 IP
  2. drig

drig Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont think there is a lot of money in reselling ebooks, but there can be money in selling unique ebooks. For example, Im sure seo book pulls in a pretty penny.

drig, May 6, 2007 IP
  3. Liberation

Liberation Peon

Best Answers:
    I know of a guy who made $5000/month on Ebay alone selling Ebooks. I dont know his story, but it must be possible.

Liberation, May 6, 2007 IP
  4. DannyBly

DannyBly Peon

Best Answers:
    I think there is big money in ebooks although I am not a huge fan of clickbank - if you have quality content and you market it right it should fly

DannyBly, May 6, 2007 IP
  5. ez-online-money.com

ez-online-money.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I've sold a few e-books from Clickbank, that's about it though.

ez-online-money.com, May 6, 2007 IP
  6. zorde

zorde Peon

Best Answers:
    People do buy ebooks.
    Especially in the Internet Marketing niche.

I ran some stats from my Customer Acquisition Exchange and about 20-30% of all commissionable purchases in teh last 6 montsh was for ebooks.

zorde, May 6, 2007 IP
  7. ablaye

ablaye Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have never bought an ebook and don't know anybody who has.
    It will be very hard for you to make some money with this.
    I would recommend you to try selling something else or look for other ideas.

ablaye, May 6, 2007 IP
  8. richt71

richt71 Peon

Best Answers:
    I posted before that I attended an internet seminar just before Xmas. At this was 2 well known brit's that make about $70K a month from ebooks (their own unique ones). They target niche's and aim to make $1-$2K a month off each niche. It's not a get rich scheme but a get wealthy slowly. By the way they showed their merchant accounts as proof. Most of their ebooks sell in the $40 range.

Here's their website if anyone is interested :- http://www.Ktspublishingdirect.com

richt71, May 6, 2007 IP
  9. milbs06

milbs06 Peon

Best Answers:
    that seems quite high considering most ebooks are worthless.

milbs06, May 6, 2007 IP
  10. choice

choice Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I`ve been selling ebooks on my ebook website and through other websites for years. You can make money with them but not enough to retire on i make around $400-$500 a month which is ok to top up my other website earnings.

choice, May 6, 2007 IP
  11. milbs06

milbs06 Peon

Best Answers:
    as a student during sept-april that extra 400-500 would be nice. how long have you been selling these ebooks for?

milbs06, May 6, 2007 IP
  12. choice

choice Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    for the last 4 years started with ebay then bought my first ebook website for $10 started averaging $200 a month then sold the website after 6 months for $2000. i now have another ebook website and also sell ebooks on my dropshipping website which believe it or not gets more ebook sales than my dedicated ebook website

choice, May 6, 2007 IP
  13. Brian1970

Brian1970 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Brian1970, May 7, 2007 IP
  14. Kerunai

Kerunai Active Member

Best Answers:
    i make an average of 200 perday selling ebooks in a not so hot niche, the niche must have strong 'desperate buyers only' characteristic but only few people selling them, make it an arsenal weapon for me...don't just think ebook = internet marketing, think out of the box...there's plenty of 'outside niches' for money to be made of...;) just my 2 cent,

Kerunai, May 7, 2007 IP