1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is There Any Way To Make Money Online Without Having To Put A SSN or Do Taxes

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by kytro360, Dec 22, 2010.

I am a young blogger (under 18) and want to make money online. I have in total made about 70 dollars online thanks to Adsense and Amazon Associates. The thing is, to get payed you have to do taxes and put your social security number.

My parents dont trust it (neither do I a bit) and even though I told them that it is run by Google and Amazon they said that a legitimate business shouldn't ask for a SSN because they can easily steal your info.

So I am asking if there is a way to cash out from Google Adsense or Amazon Associates without the need to put a SSN or do taxes or if there are other sites that allow you to make money online without the need to put a SSN or credit card info. Also please do not say survey sites, those are a thing of the past

Any input is much much appreciated. Thank you.

kytro360, Dec 22, 2010 IP
  2. John Alves

John Alves Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't think your parents know a lot about the internet or businesses. If you work at a grocery store, they're going to need your social security number. It's pretty much the same thing. You are working online. They need to keep track of your earnings for tax purposes. Every business that makes over a certain amount of money requires this. It's the law. If you don't want to put your social security, they usually have an option for tax ID. Make one and use that instead.

John Alves, Dec 22, 2010 IP
  3. Whothar

Whothar Peon

Best Answers:
    Pretty much this. I started internet marketing when I was 17, and I only had to put in my SSN code. If it's a company like google, amazon, clickbank, or any trusted company, you're okay with putting in that info. Show your parents the amount you made already, and say it's just like a job where you have to put in your SSN.

Whothar, Dec 22, 2010 IP
  4. businessman413

businessman413 Peon

Best Answers:
    There's no way to get around it if you are working with big name companys like that. Usually all affiliate programs require a SSN or tax id. Now, if you made your own product and sell it online, there is nothing that forces you to put in a tax id. Well, depending on the form of payment. Now that i think about it, I believe paypal makes you put in your SSN.

So, I guess the answer would ultimately be no.

businessman413, Dec 22, 2010 IP
  5. RankingDomination

RankingDomination Peon

Best Answers:
    The OP made this exact same thread on 3 different forums, and funny enough I put nearly the EXACT same reply on his other threads.

RankingDomination, Dec 22, 2010 IP