1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is there any way to block visitors from certain countries?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by mywebsearches, Mar 8, 2007.

1. mywebsearches

mywebsearches Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm always around but not posting as often. I guess is the same thing with many of you.

mywebsearches, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  2. DarkStarGirl

DarkStarGirl Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    My company has been getting spammed for a couple of years by random provinces in China - via email mostly. By studying our website's analytics, I can see the visitors from those provinces are near the top in the list of page views - super frustrating, knowing probably all they're doing is getting ready to spam us some more.

How can I make an attempt at blocking this country or these provinces? We will never do any business from them, as we are a small local business and sell only to the contiguous U.S. states.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I like this idea:
    wildcard

Hello,

The most efficient and easy way is to block, or allow users from a certain country to visit your website is with the help of a so called .htaccess file on your server. In this .htaccess file you write which ip addresses should not have access and which ip addresses should have access.

The website located on blockacountry.com gives a service where you can easily click on the countries you wish to block. Following blockacountry.com generates you a .htaccess document which you can upload to your server and there you go. As easy as 1,2,3.

Wildcard

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DarkStarGirl, May 18, 2011 IP
  3. djdestruction

djdestruction Peon

Best Answers:
    Are they spamming you through emails you have posted on the site? Or through your contact form? There are various ways around this without blocking traffic

djdestruction, May 18, 2011 IP
  4. DarkStarGirl

DarkStarGirl Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No. Emails listed on the website are general (info@....), while the spam is coming directly to individuals' inboxes (there are only a handful of employees here).

DarkStarGirl, May 18, 2011 IP