1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is there any tool for analyze my competitors?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by blog4fun, Dec 30, 2009.

I want to know is there any good tool that I completely analyze my site with competitors, so that I can improve my site on page, off page optimization factors.

I am really confused while I see the backlink of my competitors, they have very few backlink than me, but they are top, SO I want one tool so that I can get analyze everything with my competitors.

blog4fun, Dec 30, 2009 IP
  2. ljnetworking

ljnetworking Peon

Best Answers:
    There are free services and paid services, but if you want to check out the competitors site here are a couple suggestions:

1. semrush.com - free and paid service
    2. keywordelite.com - paid service

These are the two main ones i use for SEO spying. I also use tools to check out competition on the keyword level. I use:

1. Micronichefinder - paid
    2. Market Samurai - paid

ljnetworking, Dec 30, 2009 IP
  3. banless

banless Peon

Best Answers:
    do a search in google for seo software, there are tons of sites that offer this service.

banless, Dec 30, 2009 IP
  4. blog4fun

blog4fun Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you, I will try the free one, is it effective?

5. HarryJackson

HarryJackson Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you use Alexa?I think you got the answer..

HarryJackson, Dec 30, 2009 IP
  6. blog4fun

blog4fun Active Member

Best Answers:
    I did not use alexa, well can you please explain me how can I analyze by using alexa?

7. ljnetworking

ljnetworking Peon

Best Answers:
    SEMRush's free version helps give you and idea of what keywords your competitors site are going after with the SEM campaign, but of course with the free version it is limited. But, it is a start in peaking into the thinking of other sites and what they are doing. I also use nichewatch.com and backlinkwatch.com. Incorporating the information from all three sites should help give you a good picture of what other sites are doing without spending money on tools.

After you start bringing in some revenue, upgrading to keywords tools is a great idea though.

8. blog4fun

blog4fun Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have just checked the tool provided by SEMRush, but what I actually want I do not get there. Actually I am lot confused. My most of competitors backlinks are very few than me, but they are top ten. So I want such tool that I analyze their peak point, for which they are top ten.

9. zupreme

zupreme Active Member

Best Answers:
    SEO Elite. Buy it and use it. It's all you need.

zupreme, Dec 30, 2009 IP
  10. AirForce1

AirForce1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, blog4fun

I would like to recommend seoquake and seo4firefox add-ons for Firefox. They both would retrieve so many useful information from your competitors' sites. Of course, backlinkwatch and semrush would also be helpful for this purpose. :)

Happy holiday,

AirForce1, Dec 30, 2009 IP
  11. ljnetworking

ljnetworking Peon

Best Answers:
    More backlinks doesn't always equal top ten rankings. Google's algorithm for figuring out which site appears in the top results of their search is unknown, although many people have ideas on their formula.

From my experience it is a combination of many things including valuable content, backlinks, proper website coding, on page and off page seo, and much more...

You will not find something that tells you exactly why a site is listed in the top ten and you aren't.

Personally, I gather competitive information from the tools I listed, but also view each one of the sites and see what they are doing on their actual site. So basically I tear apart their site and others in the top 10 and develop a plan of action on how to improve my site steadily over time to achieve my desired ranking.

12. Hosting India

Hosting India Peon

Best Answers:
    For onpage you can manually view the source code of the site and analyze the keywords etc. you can check the backlinks of the site from any good back link checker like popuri

Hosting India, Dec 30, 2009 IP