1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is there any easy way to improve Page Rank?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by stevepeterson, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Earnest01

Earnest01 Peon

Best Answers:
    These two things are so remotely interrelated that I almost fail to trace the logic.

All you need to increase pr is high-pr links. If you need traffic, you need relevant links. That's it.

Earnest01, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  2. joelchrist

joelchrist Banned

Best Answers:
    Increasing back link will help you to get high PR. do comment posting, social book marking and high pr directory submission to increase your back links. Find quality sites to link with. Then only you can get quality back links soon. Good luck.

joelchrist, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  3. facebookapp

facebookapp Peon

Best Answers:
    If you wanna increase page rank of your website so do quality directory submission, blog directories, social bookmarking sites, yahoo answers and search engines. In submission prefer high page rank sites.

facebookapp, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  4. Frost813

Frost813 Peon

Best Answers:

True, you do get you anchor text built in to all links, but the sheer volume of links that he gained would have given him the boost that he needed. Any site that got that many links with the same anchor text would shoot up the rankings, even if the links had been from a 0 PR page. It's a popularity contest, nothing more.

The majority of the sites that I manage are in the top 10 results, some are in the top 30, but a majority of the links that we get are from low PR pages. And many of our sites are between PR 1-3, but they are all ranking over higher PR pages. So, let me return a challenge to you. Can you explain why a PR 1 would outrank an PR 5, (Other than PR being meaningless) I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts.

Frost813, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  5. Santhoshonlinejobs

Santhoshonlinejobs Banned

Best Answers:
    My suggestion is best content and back links make best page rank

Santhoshonlinejobs, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  6. CuttingEdgeWebServices

CuttingEdgeWebServices Peon

Best Answers:
    easy, yes. but no quick way. Patience is the key

CuttingEdgeWebServices, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  7. tera

tera Peon

Best Answers:
    Why a pr1 outarank a pr 5?Interesting question.
    First of all seo is about experiment and assumptions.So what i believe or any other might not be true.

In my opinion pr is a measure of uniqueness.There are two ways to get pr above the middle which is pr 4 and not pr 5.(some test have be done to that assumption)
    1.A lot and relative backlinks
    2.True unique content

When you make a search for baclinks at google (link operator) you will see that the same link that a site X has given to you the same link is given to the other links that has.This is happening cause google consider it as unique content(regardless pr),unique not the best for their users but unique.High pr pages are unique pages that meet the above 1 and 2 factors thats why when g finds links on that pages the links are counted immediately and helping your serps.
    Now what all that has to do with the first question?
    Google wants to find links that are user created and not automated cause humans can judge if the information is good or bad apllications are vulnerable to mistakes,you can cheat and create a lot of unique back links(what i do :) ).

So pr5 may be unique but pr1 has the logical elements of their users query.In fact newer content considered best than old content cause includes more informations.

Pr is a measure of trust and not a meausure of serp .Create trusted pages and link your content then you will see ur site traffic going up.

example. your gate pages of your site must have high pr and the content that is linked from them must be fresh.This is the way i work.

I am sorry if i can't be clear to my posts but my english is crappy,i hope to find some logical connection to my thoughts.

tera, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  8. Frost813

Frost813 Peon

Best Answers:
    Your message is clear, you're saying that PR is a measure of how trusted your site is. A measure of your authority on a subject. In this aspect I have to agree with you.

Once you have authority in a particular subject, I can see your links being worth a little more than your average link, but that's all it's good for, IMO. I agree that it will not bring you up in the Search Engines, which is why I say that it's not important for you to try and increase your own PR.

Frost813, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  9. tera

tera Peon

Best Answers:
    The reason i personaly want my sites to have high pr is cause my content to that sites has better serp's thats why i want my gate pages to have high pr.But if my desirable content that i want to rank high(serp) gain high pr that is useless for my specific goal but usable for other.

I am facing a huge google penalty the last 3 months and its huge the experience i gained in order to understand how google works(crawl rank).

tera, Jul 22, 2009 IP
    Frost813 likes this.
  10. 143.3

143.3 Guest

Best Answers:
    backlinks is the only menthod i know for a Pagerank

143.3, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  11. k2seo

k2seo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    SMO is the best option.

k2seo, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  12. kalistaneoma

kalistaneoma Peon

Best Answers:
    it depends on your hits, going to look for traffics or page rank, it's easy to get rank but not so easy to get traffic IMHO.

kalistaneoma, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  13. tridentroofing

tridentroofing Guest

Best Answers:
    Submit article at major directories and social networking sites.

tridentroofing, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  14. blog8491

blog8491 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Just do basics in SEO
    Dofollow blog commenting, Article submission, Social Bookmark, Directory submissions etc
    Those are enough for your needs.

Good luck
    Blog.

blog8491, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  15. kezbiler

kezbiler Peon

Best Answers:
    Get links from authoritative site with high PageRank. get as many 1 way link related to your business as possible. Article and directory submissions. Once youve done that, do it again ;)

kezbiler, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  16. core8284

core8284 Peon

Best Answers:
    one of my site's PR went down from PR4 to PR3....Does it affect if you don't place "www" on your domain name?

core8284, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  17. blog8491

blog8491 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think it's not a reason for that, don't think about much about PR.

Thanks
    blog.

blog8491, Jul 23, 2009 IP
  18. KathyMillerL222

KathyMillerL222 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, you have to increase total backlinks, keep on getting backlinks to get more SERP, PR and traffic...
    There are various ways to get backlinks, you can check other threads of this forum to get an idea about backlinks

KathyMillerL222, Jul 23, 2009 IP
  19. Frost813

Frost813 Peon

Best Answers:
    The penalty is a pain, but at least you're learning from it, and at least you were willing to take a chance on something. You never learn if you don't try. Green rep for thinking outside the box.:D

Frost813, Jul 23, 2009 IP
  20. simstar

simstar Peon

Best Answers:
    Indirectly yes, Good quality inbound links is the direct key to good PR.

This is basic stuff guys...you wonder why your earning $0.20 a day !

simstar, Jul 23, 2009 IP