1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is there an established store like Amazon, BUT...

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by vinyl, Feb 26, 2005.

...which doesnt use stupid cookie which lasts 24hours only? I personaly think that such low-life cookie approach isnt good at all unless you have so much traffic that you dont care about returning or hesitant people.

Forever lasting cookie would be ideal, so Im wondering if such site exists (either cookie with deecent expiration date, either something like 'you refer customer once and get credited for all his future purchases')?

Brand and amount of products you can market on Amazon is great (I wouldnt like to go far of that and went to highly concrete product OR some apsolutly anonymous store), but this cookie policy really sucks!

So, do you know any good alternative from those perspectives?

vinyl, Feb 26, 2005 IP
  2. briandunning

briandunning Active Member

Best Answers:
    Which cookie are you talking about? Something like Amazon will use at least two with different expiration dates: one to identify you and store your cart ID, and one to store your current login status.

briandunning, Feb 26, 2005 IP
  3. vinyl

vinyl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    referral cookie, the one which is most important for me :) and the one which expires in 24hours...

vinyl, Feb 26, 2005 IP
  4. joshril

joshril Guest

Best Answers:
    I am affiliated with Amazon....I think they are a pretty good affiliate program...reputable!

joshril, Feb 28, 2005 IP
  5. tomek

tomek Peon

Best Answers:
    there are stores where the cookies lasts longer but in return the commission % is lower... there you go

tomek, Nov 1, 2005 IP