1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is there actually money to be made in selling domains?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by jdock1, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Federer7

Federer7 Peon

Best Answers:
    Selling domains for profit and generating revenue is not as difficult as most domainers make out.

I started seriously domaining in May 2008 and I have made $30,000 (pure profit) over the last 3.5 months which is pretty good for a start. Some of my sales include: Ares.net ($21,500), Amatrice.com ($9k), UMX.com ($10k). And I have just sold iPhotos.net yesterday for $7,000 - I brought this domain for $121 only 3 weeks ago!

For those interested in how to generate profits in just a few days, send me a PM and I will give you some very valuable advice surrounding 2 of the hottest niches in the domain industry where the biggest profits are made: Expring/deleting domains and LLL.com's. I regularly buy deleting domains for $59 to $200 and sell for low to mid $x,xxx.

PM me and I will show you how to open to door. But you must then walk through.

Federer7, Aug 30, 2008 IP
    Master_Seller likes this.
  2. stuart2588

stuart2588 Peon

Best Answers:
    That sounds like alot of money> keep up the good work.

stuart2588, Aug 31, 2008 IP
  3. GingerApple

GingerApple Peon

Best Answers:
    I think there is a lot of money in selling domains.

Don't be disheartened by people telling you that your domains are only worth reg fee, I was told that for a domain I bought for $2 and I had an offer yesterday of $275!

However, with 11.5m domains on Sedo, you do need to make yours stand out! I applied for my domain to be including in the category showcase for both the UK and the USA, costing a total of $20 and I listed my domain on PushToAuction.com for $0.50. I don't know which site the offer came from but if you look at how much was invested compared to the profit, its a very high percentage... ;)

Good luck!

GingerApple, Aug 31, 2008 IP
  4. lace-rules

lace-rules Guest

Best Answers:
    yes their is money to be made but you need luck, contacts and to be professional. I sold a .ws warez domain for $100 valid for 3 years when i only paid $30! I had contacts who passed me on to others who passed me on to others and finally found my man. so you see you need to persevere and be patient because the domains you have arent the best domains ever so dont expect too much!

regards

lace-rules, Sep 1, 2008 IP
  5. Twoism

Twoism Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would not invest too much as a beginner. I have been doing this for nearly 2 years and still learning, but I and getting better at regging the right domains which can be lukrative.

read everything in forums and blogs

Twoism, Sep 5, 2008 IP