1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is there a tool to generate HTML pages for SQL

Discussion in 'Programming' started by expat, Apr 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I'm looking for a tool that generates HTML pages based on (My)SQL tables/DB's.
    E.G. select fields to display select if just display and or update/delete generates base code for multiple line displays.
    Anything out there? Thanks
    M

expat, Apr 7, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I've never heard of one... People putting up dynamic content typically want to have control over everything, rather than be bound to how a specific tool generates a page.

Plus what you are talking about is pretty cake for anyone with any SQL knowledge... I can't imagine someone even putting the effort into making a tool because it's so easy to do on your own.

- Shawn

digitalpoint, Apr 7, 2004 IP
  3. expat

expat Stranger from a far land

Best Answers:
    thanks,

well, when I left mainstream programming about 10 years ago I had tools that allowed me to generate complex inner and outer joins across highly efficent db's with full replication across the world, comitt, roll back etc, including full controllable visualisation without having to delve into the deeper coding of repetitive statements.
    PHP has a lot but having to use cgi arrays for sheer speed and management of multi dimensional work, than to laboriously generate visualisation usable by a "standard" end users and more than one browser - sort of a bit primitive, but hey if thats what it takes.
    M

expat, Apr 7, 2004 IP
  4. mushroom

mushroom Peon

Best Answers:
    It sounds like your talking about phpMyAdimin that is offered on most apache php mysql configurations. :)
    With out a server good luck on finding one. :eek:

mushroom, Jun 6, 2004 IP
  5. THT

THT Peon

Best Answers:
    THT, Jun 6, 2004 IP
  6. expat

expat Stranger from a far land

Best Answers:
    hi and thanks all,

maybe I (as usual) wasn't very clear about it.

I do have all the usual mutiple apache cpanels mysql admins php cgi c etc pp and a lot of pre defined classes.

What I don't have is a tool where I can simply select or pass on db's see the fields and point and click these into a basic HTML, define read write update delete etc. whilst the tool copies and defines all the required join read insert update delete fetch etc ....

What I need this for the most is maintenance of airline destination tables where I need to see an airline all routings and be able to change insert and kill records on the fly out of a multi line (min 40 lines) display.

Cheers
    M

expat, Jun 8, 2004 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.