1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is there a tool that can determine what fonts are used in a image?

Discussion in 'Products & Tools' started by crazyhorse, Jul 25, 2005.

I got some photo's that have fonts in them but i don't know which fonts are used. Is there some programm that will allow me to check what the fonts are?
    Im using jasc but i couldn't find a feature that would allow me to check what fonts are used. Any ideas?

crazyhorse, Jul 25, 2005 IP
  2. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:

Try http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/

mjewel, Jul 25, 2005 IP
    crazyhorse likes this.
  3. Webturtle

Webturtle Guest

Best Answers:
    Agreed, the "WhatTheFont" service is your best bet. Just make sure you copy out and crop the section of the photo with the fonts and if necessary change the contrast so the letters are very well defined - and then save as a gif or jpg in the dimensions/file size they require. That way you'll have the best results on the most letters in the example. That site has saved my hide on a number of occasions when I've had to match a font for a client. Then, at least, I can either find an equivalent, something similar or purchase the match for them.

Webturtle, Jul 25, 2005 IP
  4. crazyhorse

crazyhorse Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Just had a look at your collages website. I like the photo "creation myth' a lot. Do you do photo art for commercial websites as well?

crazyhorse, Jul 25, 2005 IP
  5. Webturtle

Webturtle Guest

Best Answers:
    Thank you. The Creation Myth is one of the most popular ones on there actually! To answer your question, yes, i do collages for business - you can see some of those right there on the same site, under Business http://www.digitalphotocollages.com/business/index.html

Actually, I did them for years, for web site home pages and marketing materials and then only in the past year did I start packaging my artwork for sale like this, thanks to Cafe Press

Webturtle, Jul 25, 2005 IP
  6. crazyhorse

crazyhorse Peon

Best Answers:
    At the end of this week I ll get back to you on the PM.

I just had a look around and im suprised that fonts are so expensive. 40 dollars a bundle. :eek: Never knew that before. Is there a place where you can find free fonts maybe?

crazyhorse, Jul 26, 2005 IP
  7. Webturtle

Webturtle Guest

Best Answers:
    I know, they are pricey. But yes, here is one of my favorite secret sources ;0)
    http://www.dafont.com/en/ Many are free...

I will be going off on an adventure Friday afternoon for the weekend if you don't hear from me, i'll be back again Monday!

Webturtle, Jul 26, 2005 IP
  8. iCreate

iCreate Guest

Best Answers:
    1001fonts.com is also good, and I agree with the WhatTheFont service. Like a lot of people, that has saved my hide on numerous occasions!

iCreate, Aug 9, 2005 IP
  9. fivosv

fivosv Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi There,

my name if Fivos and this is my first post in DP so, I hope that I don't break any rules with my post.

I'm a software engineer and I designed a new tool named 'Find my Font' which does exactly what this thread asks for:
    It determines what fonts are used in an image, by matching the image against the fonts you have in your computer (either installed or not).
    It runs on both Mac and PC and performs accurate matches at speeds up to 5.000.000 fonts per minute.

I will be glad to answer any question you may have about Find my Font and to read your opinion - whatever it is.
    The product site is: http://www.findmyfont.com

...and you can see all editions or download the free-trial at:
    http://www.findmyfont.com/index.php/find-my-font/editions

Thank you for your time to read,
    and I hope to consider this post not as a spam advertising,
    but as a valuable piece of information that could save you a lot of time
    when you are searching for a unknown font.

Fivos Vilanakis
    Chief Technical Officer
    Softonium Developments

fivosv, Sep 15, 2011 IP