1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is there a site to find out which sites make the most money from Adsense

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by misohoni, Jun 23, 2004.

A site like that would be cool, it'll show me what I'm doing wrong!

misohoni, Jun 23, 2004 IP
  2. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    A site like this would be a non starter unfortunately, as to post that information would breach the Adsense agrrement T&C, and would result in the accounts of the people posting being closed.

Old Welsh Guy, Jun 24, 2004 IP
  3. nikao

nikao Peon

Best Answers:
    how would that show you what youre doing wrong?

it's clear you think you're donig something wrong. You have a better chance improving your adsense 'skills' by posting and reading on a forum like this :)

nikao, Jun 24, 2004 IP
  4. misohoni

misohoni Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So you think by not studying sites which make big bucks from their placement of Adsense Ads would show no benefit?

Clearly I am doing something wrong and ask you can see by my posts in this forum, I'm an active member.

I think the whole "I make x amount of bucks per day" isn't true. I've got sucessful sites and have been a Web Designer for a while so I believe I know how to design a functioning yet popular site. I'm making peanuts from my Adsense Revenue, that's why I can't believe when others say they are making a few bucks a day!

misohoni, Jun 24, 2004 IP
  5. expat

expat Stranger from a far land

Best Answers:
    Hi,

1. noone will disclose as it is agains TOS
    2. it depends highly on what your site is about

If its informative content / no sales people are likely to leave your resource to another suggested resource which can be complemented by ADS

If it's a site that has something to sell a large ADS % would make me extremly nervous as either the site is crap or it targets the wrong visitors.

So if you make peanuts but good sales on your site your site is spot on.
    If you make a lot of money on Ads and no sales your site is wrong if it's a site to sell.

This changes again if a site reaches "maturity" and size where a lot of content is provided which supports the aim of a site but also allows for reasonable amounts of ad income.

As I like examples: Below site has a lot of sheer content pages like maps directons etc etc from these I expect to make a reasonable ad income to support the content writing (yes and some affiliate income) but also expect bookmarking/favorites, brand building and the all important return visitor.

From the pages that are targeted to sell I do NOT expect to make ad income if these start making money I will get seriously worried.

I hope this answers some of your concerns.

M

expat, Jun 24, 2004 IP
  6. misohoni

misohoni Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks. I guess thinking in those terms helps. Maybe people not clicking on ads is a good thing.

- Potential Customers will exit your site, perhaps to your competitors or never to return again.

- They are instead clicking on links within the site.

I've always felt that if you are trying to "con" the user into clicking on an ad then they are most likely not coming back to your site.

Thanks for the advice.

7. Weirfire

Weirfire Language Translation Company

Best Answers:
    lol

The adsense advert at the top of my screen is trying to sell alternative advertising to adsense.

Weirfire, Jun 24, 2004 IP
  8. expat

Best Answers:
    There are instances where this is actually true (not con but one time visitors only). E.G. I have a good knowledge about certain areas of the insurance industry here in the UK. I do write contributions and articles which are strictly non commercial (they are not nessesarily on my commercial sites) and on these I'm happy to show advertising as I feel visitors are fortified after reading it to be exposed to the commercial aspects and it pays a bit for my effords in the first place.

Again as said before if a site extends into real/sheer content it is always good to start suplementing this with AD income.

M

expat, Jun 24, 2004 IP
  9. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm really glad you were able to follow expat's thinking, because frankly I didn't understand a word he said.

The answer to making money on AdSense is to have pages with content or keywords that are expensive to buy on AdWords.

Let me try and explain.

1. AdSense click throughs are bought and paid for by AdWord advertisers.

2. Google pays the AdSense publisher some percentage -- in my case I have always figured it was approximately 50% -- of the amount that they charge the AdWord's buyer or advertiser.

3. If you open an AdWords account you can quite easily find out approximately what people are paying for ads in different product areas or categories.

For instance when Google was accepting ads for online pharmacies the average cost per click for these ads was $1.75 to $2.00. I have a couple of articles in my InfoPool about online pharmacies. When Google was placing AdSense ads on these pages I was receiving approximately 80 cents to a $1.00 dollar whenever anybody clicked on one of these pharmacy related ads.

I believe that there are some categories that actually generate $10.00 per click or higher. So if you have a content site that is related to these categories you can potentially make substantial income from AdSense.

On the other hand many many AdWord categories only cost 10, 20 or 30 cents per click. So if your content is related to these categories you may only make a few pennies per click through.

compar, Jun 24, 2004 IP
  10. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    Hosting is a good one... You can see $4+ for a good ad.

SEbasic, Jun 24, 2004 IP
  11. expat

Best Answers:
    1. That's precisely what I wanted to achive as it was no written for people like you.

2. I strongly resent writing content for ADS or any other AD income. Writing content is for visitors and to enhance a site NOT to pay a webmaster.

Your examples are typical encouragements for the sites and pages I have to blacklist from the ADS accounts I look after as they are clearly written for maximum exposure and income without adding any value, exept for the content provider.

M

expat, Jun 24, 2004 IP
  12. misohoni

misohoni Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys, all your advice is very very useful! Thanks again.

13. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    That is a rather peculiar statement from a person who is writing a post on a page that has a AdSense ad prominently displayed across the top. Why don't you blacklist this site? How can you be a member of such a discussing organization?

You are probably aware that I have a section on my web site called the InfoPool and that I recently wrote an article which I published there about PageRank. Now that article has been picked up and published by a couple of other newsletters and web sites and I have received a considerable volume of email from people thanking me for the clarity and insight the article has brought them.

So I cannot except the thought that this content was not written for and does not have value for the viewer. Nonetheless the page on which this article is published contains AdSense ads.

I take it that you never read the Newspaper or any Magazines. They must all be on your blacklist for trying to make money for the publisher. It is a very sheltered life you must be leading. Were did you find the cave?

compar, Jun 24, 2004 IP
  14. expat

Best Answers:
    ......For instance when Google was accepting ads for online pharmacies the average cost per click for these ads was $1.75 to $2.00. I have a couple of articles in my InfoPool about online pharmacies. When Google was placing AdSense ads on these pages I was receiving approximately 80 cents to a $1.00 dollar whenever anybody clicked on one of these pharmacy related ads.....

This reads like an invitation to produce content for AD sake, which was what I reflected on.

A well written article that sheds new light or gives a different view is welcome and who am I to have objections. What I object to is content thrown together for the mentioned purpose.

M

expat, Jun 24, 2004 IP
  15. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    This thread is getting off topic, so bringing it back, I've seen click throughs on my site that have netted me .10¢ and some that have brought upwards of $5 or $6 per click. I have no idea what brought what since there are so many different topics on my site. I don't target anything for the sake of adwords, but I do write the pages such that they will be well focused so adwords will display relevent content and that seems to be the key.

mopacfan, Jun 24, 2004 IP
  16. Peter Clarke

Peter Clarke Peon

Best Answers:
    There is only one way to do it right - make sure your site has good content related to your niche and employ good seo techniques to drive targeted visitors to your site!

Peter Clarke, Oct 31, 2009 IP
  17. COBSolutions

COBSolutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are wrong
    "Only what you see is true" is not a right concept, there might be other things in this world which you have not seen but others have seen which can be true too
    All posts claiming adsense revenue is not false, there are fakes and there are earners too

COBSolutions, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  18. newbitoo

newbitoo Peon

Best Answers:
    there is nothing wrong here
    you just dont put ads proper

newbitoo, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  19. mar5200

mar5200 Peon

Best Answers:
    i don`t see whats wrong in bragging about what u earn from adsense , and why the made it against their TOS

mar5200, Nov 26, 2009 IP
  20. CheapSEO

CheapSEO Guest

Best Answers:
    LOL, I am searching longer time but i din't find yet. I will sure tell you if i find.

NO body tell earning secrets, keep in mind - i have tried to find out secrets but couldn't... if you get please let me know.

CheapSEO, Nov 27, 2009 IP