1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is there a place to report scammers?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by TinglingToyStore, Oct 29, 2010.

Is there a place to report people who take your money and dont complete any work?

TinglingToyStore, Oct 29, 2010 IP
  2. ipostmedia

ipostmedia Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should use escrow next time for safer transaction but in DP, before you dealing with anyone, check their iTrader first (my choice - iTrader 5+ minimum and must be 100% positive).

ipostmedia, Oct 29, 2010 IP
  3. TinglingToyStore

TinglingToyStore Peon

Best Answers:
    That makes total since but the guy i used had decent feedback but has recently been accumulating bad feedback because of this same reason. http://forums.digitalpoint.com/member.php?u=87273 He has refunded me half but makes excuses about the rest, just as he did with the work. I'm not worried about it as he is local enough for me to sue, which will be done. Im just wondering if there is a place to on this site to report it to so he doesnt take from anyone else.

TinglingToyStore, Oct 29, 2010 IP
  4. rosn007

rosn007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If I were you, I'd have never dealt with someone having 4 negative itraders excluding yours that you added lately. It is certainly your carelessness and stupidity to pay inadvance to members as such. A bit of cautiousness and COMMON SENSE would have saved you! Anyway, if he is local enough for you to sue him, do it right away! It is very tough to expect any refund if you have used Paypal as transaction mode, especially if the one you are dealing with is intentionally scammer.

rosn007, Oct 29, 2010 IP
  5. anupviews

anupviews Member

Best Answers:
    You can use "[​IMG]" button to report scammer. But you must handle all of the things if it is financial issue.

anupviews, Oct 30, 2010 IP
  6. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
  7. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    The DP way to alert others to problems you have experienced with a deal on DP is to post factual account in deal thread and use itrader.

Smyrl, Oct 30, 2010 IP
  8. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    To my dismay I find myself in fairly tenuous situation due to some dp clients' inability to pay me(upwards of 6000 dollars). However, this only resulted in me not getting reports off in time to two different new clients. It had nothing to do with work not getting done. It does however make me a tad crazy.

Note: You don't see me making me threads threatening to sue people and wittingly attempting to ruin their business do you? No, I am a grown man and a run a marketing firm. There is a way to deal with folks.

That said, as a measure of good faith, I proffered not only a refund but the work as well and free of charge simply over a undelivered report. That level of professionalism is, for all intents and purposes, simply not available here.

Moving along..... while I am certainly sorry about said report, you had a range of options to sort this out in an adult and professional manner. Threatening me with litigation and thinking that dinging my itrader was actually going to accomplish something was not one of them so I have sold your copy to your competition in order to recoup your remaining 100 dollars. This has been paid.

I concur that seems a tad suspect but fortunately for me my itrader is full of lies and bullshit. One guy I didn't even work for(mods would not remove) the first one is actually a brief case study on how to do things properly FFS http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1835616#post14378242 I could frankly go on for a week about it.

That said, while I appreciate that someone may feel inclined to inquire about my itrader, it does not stand to reason that I would continue parading around DP helping folks and taking the occasional job. I can assure you, if there was anything even remotely legit about any of my (-) itraders I would not be here helping folks do things correctly.

At any given point of the day you can note that I have more authoritative posts in the SEO board alone than every SEO provider combined on the first 2 pages of the services section. It is certainly not safe to assume that I help folks all the time so I can ultimately fleece some guy out of 100 dollars.

So note to self, I am never doing anything on DP again without making sure folks are adult enough to make a phone call and sign a contract. I have done upwards of at least 500+ jobs for folks here. I have had 1 professional enough to handle somethings on the phone. Toll Free for that matter.

and so it goes..... I will leave it at that before the last shred of diplomacy exits my person. I still have a few things to do tonight.
    Nigel

Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
    Nigel Lew, Nov 8, 2010 IP
  9. TinglingToyStore

TinglingToyStore Peon

Best Answers:
    Ill give you 2 things Nigel. One is that I do believe you are knowledgeable about seo and what it takes to do the things you have said you can do. Two is that you finally have sent the remainder of my refund and for that I'm appreciative. It has been what, 2 months since the time I hired you? After that amount of time, you havent and cant produce even 1 simple piece of work that you have done for me. Say what you want and make all the excuses you want, nothing changes that fact. You have every right to sit there thinking that people, including myself, want make you look bad and ruin your reputation. It is you though sir, that is ruining his own reputation. I paid you for a months work and would have kept paying you had you done any work at all. You keep on and on and on with excuses but even a month after the work should have been done, I stated that if you can show me that you have completed work and there would be no reason for a refund. Of course you couldnt do that because the work wasnt completed. I'm at my wits end with you and I'm glad I will never have to deal with you again. No matter how hard I try I cant figure out, for the life of me, how in the hell you dont understand what you are doing wrong. I mean I actually dont see you as a crook. I see you as someone who legitimately thinks its ok to put people off, pay them when you feel like it, and do the work when you feel like it. You honestly feel like its ok to owe me $200, since people owe you $6000. I'm dumbfounded by your continual use of that same excuse which you now have shared with everyone. Does that really make since to you? Are you really that obtuse? How can you possibly expect to run a business that way and it actually succeed? Although I have to assume that since it took you so long to pay me back, that business isn't going to well. Stop making excuses about everything including your feedback and own up to the responsibilities in your life.

Have a good day

TinglingToyStore, Nov 8, 2010 IP