1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is There A Great Formula For A Sales Page?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by drdavidnd, Feb 20, 2010.

1. drdavidnd

drdavidnd Peon

Best Answers:
    This point has already been made. Thank you for your input. I am working on getting someone to help.

drdavidnd, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  2. Donp

Donp Peon

Best Answers:
    the website is terrible and hard to look at. it looks like a site made from the 2000s. my suggestion would be to buy a sales page background creation software that can create good looking backgrounds. people will only stay and buy if your site looks professional and of high quality.

Donp, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  3. extomas

extomas Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry but I must agree about it. You need to do a lot more job if you want to make real money from it :) Good luck

extomas, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  4. drdavidnd

drdavidnd Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your input. I'll see what I can do.

drdavidnd, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  5. drdavidnd

drdavidnd Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you. I get it.

drdavidnd, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  6. extraspecial

extraspecial Member

Best Answers:
    Well it's not just the sales copy... you don't have a sales page design so it doesn't give me trust on your site and product! Design is very important if you want to rocket your sales :)

extraspecial, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  7. drdavidnd

drdavidnd Peon

Best Answers:
    I've changed the background of the site, stopherpesnow.com. The red letters are now burgundy. I have copywriter I am working with now. So, there will be copy changes before long.

drdavidnd, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  8. drdavidnd

drdavidnd Peon

Best Answers:
    The site has been re-written by a fabulous copywriter. Please check it out and let me know what you guys think.
    stopherpesnow.com

drdavidnd, Mar 10, 2010 IP
  9. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    $5,000?!

A good short sales page should cost under $1,000.

1.) Get rid of the red background. It cheapens the look of your sales page.

2.) Bleed the top and bottom of that white section.

3.) Use light gray lines for the borders on the white section.

Not including the text and color, perhaps have it look like this:

http://www.thegaryhalbertletter.com/

4.) Put in more pictures.

5.) Change the text to Georgia. It just looks better.

6.) Increase the Indent on your text just once.

7.) Where is the picture of the product???

That alone will kill your sales.

8.) Put in the physical address of your office, to make you more real, believable.

That is, if you are indeed a doctor.

9.) Do not have your potential customers click on a link to buy it. Put the form right there, ready for them to fill out. Get them at the heat of the moment!

10.) Put in before and after photos.

There's more, but I also do not do this for free.

I'm sorry, but that copywriter you hired is not very good.

For example, you need to introduce yourself, along with your picture, shortly after the sales-pitch intro.

In fact, you didn't even introuce yourself properly.

Try this:

Picture this...

Your true love spent all day planning this romantic surprise. Candlelight, three roses in a dainty vase, soft music in the backgrounds, two plates side-by side, favorite foods ready to serve... and soft, sensual satin sheets ready for later. Romance pulsates through the air

A car pulls up, door opens and closes. Your soul-mate listens with bated breath as your footsteps approach, growing louder – or is it that loving heart beating?

You enter. Your lover's face lights up. You behold the sensual being before you in all that wonderful glory...

... and you groan: "Oh nooo! Not tonight!"

Genital Herpes sufferer, I'm Dr...."

Get rid of this link, that is beside the picture:

Introducing: The Doctor-Designed Internal & External Herpes Treatment Program*

The P.S. sections are making you sound like a salesman.

You are a doctor first!

Why not just show them the "bonus" on your site?

Put these in links, which takes them to another page to read them:

Report #1: "Side Effects of Antiviral Medications*"
    This one's crammed with eye-opening information that those drug companies don't want you to know!

Report #2: "Ingredients of Flu Vaccines*"
    Must-read information that you need to know before you endure any more vaccinations against the flu virus.

The more samples, tips, advice you give them, the higher your sales will go up.

Put in testimonials from your patients who went to your office.

Pay them if they write when they came in, put in their picture, and whatnot. Have it more detailed.

Are you a real doctor? Aren't you using this in your office?

Where is your diploma? Put that in your site also.

Have a picture of you sitting in your office, with your diploma behind you.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
    Perry Rose, Mar 10, 2010 IP
  10. drdavidnd

drdavidnd Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank You! :)

drdavidnd, Mar 12, 2010 IP
  11. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you do all that, that alone might double your sales. (No guarantees though :D)

You might also want to donate some money to charity on behalf of Perry, for all the wonderful advice he gave you for free. :D

lightless, Mar 12, 2010 IP
  12. Flow Motion

Flow Motion Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    try whmcs

good for selling stuff

Flow Motion, Mar 12, 2010 IP
  13. dorothydot

dorothydot Peon

Best Answers:
    Dear Perry Rose,
    You make some points worth considering. Are you a professional copywriter? Do you have a website I could visit to see your style of copywriting?
    Thank you.

dorothydot, Mar 13, 2010 IP
  14. zerolimits

zerolimits Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Dr. David,

Just took a quick look and I can tell you right off the bat that there's no "big idea" or as John Carlton calls it a "hook" to grab me. More on that in just a bit.

Please don't take any of my comments the wrong way, as I'm just trying to offer some constructive criticism here (I make my living as a full-time copywriter).

That said, overall the copy is far too vague. You need specifics ... something the reader can wrap their minds around. This is what will separate your product from the rest and make it more credible in the reader's eyes.

Quick example, from the bonus copy, "Report #1: "Side Effects of Antiviral Medications*"
    This one's crammed with eye-opening information that those drug companies don't want you to know!"

This is what I mean by vague. What is this eye-opening information? What is it that the drug companies don't want me to know? More importantly, Why should I care? What will this eye opening info do for me? Why don't the drug companies want me to know? What'll happen if I don't read this info?

Anyone can make claims like these. But specifics are what will make it unique to you and separate the information YOU have from anything else I can go find on the internet. Plus, adding specifics will make your copy far more believable.

Next ...

2. You don't use your credibility as a doctor enough at all ... have a sidebar that talks about where you graduated from, or about the practice you run where ever it is you live, and how many patients you've helped, not only with herpes but with the kinds of little-known remedies most doctors don't even know about ... position yourself as the dude that does the research others aren't willing to do ... a champion for those patients who have no hope left after having tried drugs, surgery, etc.

3. Also, another thing to note ... Secrets sell. You've got the secret to making this nasty virus go into remission for really long periods of time. Milk the hell out of that. Your headline should reflect the fact that you're this renegade doctor who's discovered THE all-natural, safe proven and effective remedy to this virus (of course, not in those words since you can't say "cure" and other such things as per the FDA when selling supplements ... although you may be exempt since you're just selling information, double check with the FTC and FDA websites.)

4. Move up one or two of the testimonials higher up in the copy, or even in the pre-head. This will give you much more credibility and believability right up front.

5. Your lead is weak. Instead of starting with that imagined scenario you have a couple of options. The first, is to get right to the point, i.e. "If you've suffering from herpes and are tired of the embarrassment, pain and heartache this nasty virus can bring, then pay special attention. Here's why: My name is Dr. David and I've just discovered what may be the most EFFECTIVE, PROVEN, ALL-NATURAL system to making herpes go into remission almost for good.

Or alternatively ... you can use a patient story ... preferably of someone you've really helped in your own practice. I.e. "Sally burst into tears when she first stepped into my office. She unknowingly got herpes about two years ago and just recently had the most humiliating, painful moment of her entire life ..."

6. Your bullets can be spruced up. Again, nail the benefits these people want and tease them to make them WANT this book NOW. Here's what I mean:

Right now, your bullets read ...

"Once you receive my Stop Herpes Now program*, you'll discover:

* What foods are bad for you, encouraging outbreaks
    * What herbs actually suppress the herpes virus

Here's how I would approach improving them ...

"As soon as you grab your copy of my proven "Stop Herpes Now Program" you'll discover little-known breakthroughs like:

* The 5 foods you need to AVOID to keep this virus from rearing its ugly head (most herpes sufferers -- even doctors -- don't know this. Eat these foods and you increase your chances of having another outbreak by 42%!) PG. 4

* Three little-known herbs you can buy at your local grocery store that literally shut the virus down ... and stops an outbreak right in its tracks (better yet, you can get most of these herbs for as little as 23 cents a day) PG 24

Well that's it for now. There are other things that can be improved aside from what I've outlined here, but that should give you a start.

Hope this helps.

zerolimits, Mar 13, 2010 IP
    lightless likes this.
  15. awsomnick1

awsomnick1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    get a sales page maker. they are free from some places. google it.

awsomnick1, Mar 13, 2010 IP
  16. drdavidnd

drdavidnd Peon

Best Answers:
    Done. I darkened it.
    need some more time on this one.
    I did add a picture of the product plus the pictures of the free bonuses. I do realize I need more.

5.) Change the text to Georgia. It just looks better. [/QUOTE]
    Done. Thank you. I thought having text will serifs was old school.
    Done.
    Done. I agree.
    Yes, I am. But, won't that make the sales page a leaky one? People will be able to find me and order the book directly by phone.
    I do not know how to do that with using clickbank.
    I'll have to use some patient photos. I'll get their permission and use them. I do not know anyone that would want their face on a website for herpes.
    I realize that. I really appreciate the time you put in to responding.
    Well, what you do not know is that she did a clean up job for me. She greatly improved what I had. I did not have the money yet to have them create a brand new one. But, what she has done so far has increased my sales enough that I can afford to go to the next level in a few months.
    Thank you. done.
    Done.
    I know the copywriter I used disagrees with you, but I took them out anyway. I like your feedback alot.
    Doesn't that make people click around on the site. I understood the only link on a page should be the buy link.
    I'll work on creating more samples.
    I will get on this asap. being able to say "actual patient" will be great.
    Again, I don't think people would want their picture on a website about herpes.
    Yes, I am. I have been using this treatment for 9 years with patients.
    Great idea. I'll get on that right away.:)

drdavidnd, Mar 14, 2010 IP
  17. drdavidnd

drdavidnd Peon

Best Answers:
    I hope so. We'll see. Life never gives guarantees, only feedback.
    I think you are right.

18. drdavidnd

drdavidnd Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't worry, I am not taking anything you are saying the wrong way. I took Alexa's comments well and I do yours.

Thank you. As soon as I have more money to put into the page I'll get on these upgrades with a copywriter. What has been done so far has increased my sales. For now, I'll have to go with what I have until I can save up more money for a brand new page. Everyone's feedback has helped. I am most grateful.

19. dorothydot

dorothydot Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Dr. David,

Before you change too much on your website, it might be a ver-ry good idea to discuss changes with your copywriter. Since every word on your page must be precisely what your target market needs to read to by-pass their conscious toss-it mind and lodge into their subconscious, any changes in copy you've paid for should be talked about with the copywriter. Also, if you do change the copywriter's text behind the copywriter's back (so to speak), chances are quite good that you'll lessen the effectiveness instead of ramping it up.

Not saying all the above suggestions are good or bad... in fact, the darker background is WAY better than the original bright-red. Just that you need to run it by the copywriter. And there are more than one of the above suggestions that any copywriter who keeps up with research and techniques in the copywriting field would, ummm, not agree with.

Sincerely,
    Dot

dorothydot, Mar 15, 2010 IP
  20. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    Does it make a difference? Isn't that your product? You said it was in your site.

Maybe give them a couple of free office visits?

You'd be surprised by what people would do for money.

Why do you have to use ClickBank?

It is your product, right?

You don't have a credit card machine to process orders? Or you cannot use Paypal???

Speaking of ClickBank...look at your page. See how nice the gray, that shade of red (semi-dark red), and that different shade of blue go together?

Take note of it.

Green is a bad choice. Sorry. You want colors that make the page look soothing to the visitors' eyes; to make the page look more elegant, sort of speak.

Believe it or not, colors really can help or hinder your sales.

To save money, think about contacting a college in your area to ask where you can go to find a student who is looking for work in this field.

I had one do my sites for $20 an hour.

Try to think outside the box.

Another thing with the P.S. is that everybody and their brother uses them. And sale pages are loaded with them. They are greatly overused.

You want your page to look more like a "helpful article," and then sell them at the end.

Next thing they know, there's a soft sales pitch, and then an ordering form, right there in front of them, with them possibly thinking: Hmmmm, maybe I should try this....

I never undertsood why to use them anyway. Just keep talking on the page. If your sales pitch is good, there is no reason to use such an old method.

Besides, people are not going to say to themselves: Oh, look, there's a P.S, I better read it. :p

I'm sorry, but the P.P.S. is really stupid. Whoever though of that one oughta be pushed out in rush-hour traffic.

Think about changing the title of that section to:

My Personal 100% GUARANTEE I Give To My Patients, I Now Give To You

Or: 60-Day FREE Trial

Or something better you have there now.

See how better it sounds, how fewer words there are for them to read (We are NOT a nation of readers, especially on the Net.)?

This isn't a dig at your copywriter, but a good one should know this.

Put a light gray or that same shade of red or blue around that that section.

Make it stand out more, to break up the monotony, sort of speak, of the page.

One thing I forgot to mention when I suggested changing your font, which is VERY important!: Go into your program to change the "character spacing" to 1. This will spread your letters out more, making your sales page easier to read.

Good to know, since many of us have tired eyes after so long on the Net, in addition to so many being skim readers.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
    Perry Rose, Mar 15, 2010 IP