1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is There a Better way to Avertise than Google Adwords?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by McKay1400, Dec 8, 2008.

1. robertpriolo

robertpriolo Peon

Best Answers:

your right, and i probably will tell every knew comer something the same. I do not want to sugar coat or lead anyone to believe google adwords is a walk in the park.

robertpriolo, Dec 11, 2008 IP
  2. topexnews

topexnews Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well,

if you get the best results, you should use the best product for that. and that product is: Google Adwords.

Other products probably can be similar idea, but nothing can be compare to Adwords by they way it's works and "think". Google very smart company and i think best out there.

topexnews, Dec 11, 2008 IP
  3. TheWebDon

TheWebDon Guest

Best Answers:
    Google Adwords has the the popularity factor... although Yahoo's offering is more suitable for specific niches.. Check out the site for more information on this...!

TheWebDon, Dec 12, 2008 IP
  4. Mega B

Mega B Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would say Adwords for getting your site noticed quickly but this costs money and then start working on SEO which takes time but is free.I would say it depends on how much wonga you have in your pockets.

Mega B, Dec 12, 2008 IP
  5. Stephen McPherson

Stephen McPherson Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, I'm just a newbie here. But, you you could try simple things such as Forums (hello:)), classified ads, flyers, drop cards. Just my two cents worth and another option from the usual online methods. Hope that helps ?:)

Stephen McPherson, Dec 14, 2008 IP
  6. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    As it takes time SEO is NOT free

Time is money ;)

Lastbutnotleast, Dec 14, 2008 IP
  7. ShayneSherman

ShayneSherman Peon

Best Answers:
    Use adwords first. Track the keywords to see which ones convert. then SEO for those words. Simple 3 step process. However, you need to read up on adwords before you get your feet wet as you can really really do it wrong!

ShayneSherman, Dec 15, 2008 IP
  8. JHardy_WV

JHardy_WV Peon

Best Answers:
    adwords has much higher traffic, but my experience is that MSN ad centre has a much higher conversion rate. Depends what you're after at the beginning:

as much traffic as possible = adwords, but be careful as it'll cost you if you get it wrong

better conversions = msn, less profit to be had a whole, but much easier to make money on if you're just starting out (msn users seem to be much better converters)

JHardy_WV, Dec 16, 2008 IP
  9. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    Is it a 1 year process?

Maybe more...

Lastbutnotleast, Dec 16, 2008 IP
  10. AdWords-Advice

AdWords-Advice Active Member

Best Answers:
    AdWords is a great way to drive targeted and pre qualified traffic to your website however, it is only a promotional tool and not a magic marketing solution.

Yes I agree that understanding AdWords provides a great advantage, i've seen a few poor campaigns containing some silly and expensive mistakes.

You need to look at the whole process who are you looking to attract to your website and at what stage or stages of the decision making process would you like them discover your site? These simple questions will help you create lists of important keywords. You will now need to decide what your potential customer is looking for (again this may change depending on their stage throughout the decision making process) are they looking for information , reassurance or a supplier who can offer great value?

Along with some simple market research on customers and competitors this should allow you to build an effective campaign.

Some beginners think that AdWords is magic and you just put generic keywords in a campaign with a fluffy advert and direct people to your home page. If this is your strategy the money you will save by employing an AdWords Agency will pay for it self over and over again.

AdWords-Advice, Dec 17, 2008 IP
  11. pedroneiraf

pedroneiraf Peon

Best Answers:
    There are, but Adwords on average will beat the other options in terms of ROI and traffic.
    Google has over 70% market share in most countries so .... why bother with other options ?

pedroneiraf, Dec 17, 2008 IP
  12. JHardy_WV

JHardy_WV Peon

Best Answers:
    Stupid reply - taking your figures who here would rather earn $100,000 in a year rather than $70,000 - I know which I would rather do

JHardy_WV, Dec 17, 2008 IP
  13. AgrInd

AgrInd Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to disagree with pedroneiraf. Just because Google has a large market share doesn't mean they are a good place to market for everyone. Some of the other companies have shown an excellent ROI to many people. The best method is to test what works for you.

AgrInd, Dec 17, 2008 IP
    Lastbutnotleast likes this.
  14. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    I do agree with that

Some places where I do advertise provide a very good conversion rate

Lastbutnotleast, Dec 17, 2008 IP
  15. exiles23

exiles23 Banned

Best Answers:
    social network bots are the best to advertise :)

exiles23, Dec 17, 2008 IP
  16. canalboatman

canalboatman Peon

Best Answers:
    This is an interesting topic. I use adwords to get myself high in the listings. If you look at my site you will see that I am not selling a product that marches out of the door in large quantities. Out of interest, what keywords might you employ for an Adwords campaign for such a niche business as this?

Or is that a cheeky question:)?

canalboatman, Dec 18, 2008 IP
  17. AccountSeller

AccountSeller Peon

Best Answers:
    If you advertise product, use Adwords.

If you advertise website/blog use article marketing.

AccountSeller, Dec 18, 2008 IP
  18. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    Not so simple

Many key issues: competition, the price of the product, your margin (if affiliate marketing)...

Lastbutnotleast, Dec 18, 2008 IP
  19. Rallie Rallis

Rallie Rallis Peon

Best Answers:
    Anyone looking for help to improve their online advertising with Adwords, Yahoo, & MSN should check out Greg Cesar's training program. He even tells you how to advertise on Amazon. That's right. Amazon is a great place to advertising if you know how to do it right. Check it out at http://www.theadwordsdominator.com/

Rallie Rallis

Rallie Rallis, Dec 19, 2008 IP
  20. ButlerPatches

ButlerPatches Banned

Best Answers:
    Yahoo and MSN are worth investing in. However, if you're 100% new to the interface, you should probably have somebody help you get started. It's easy to spend a ton of money there and get no results if you don't know what you're doing.

ButlerPatches, Dec 19, 2008 IP