1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is the google site map really effective?

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by love_bug, Sep 9, 2006.

1. kh7

kh7 Peon

Best Answers:
    This is a simple HTML sitemap: http://www.katinkahesselink.net/sitemap.htm Great for my visitors.

I use 'Google-sitemaps', the online google-service for statistics, but I haven't created any special sitemap for them. Those are really meant for websites that are hard to index for google, for instance sites with dynamically generated pages. That's the way I understand it anyhow. Since most pages on my website are indexed anyhow, why bother with more?

Google-sitemaps (the online tool) is great for finding out which key-words people are using to get to your domain - through the different google-engines.

They also report errors they find: I've been having some weird pages 'not found' though - pages that don't exist. Obviously that makes sense: if they don't exist, they can't be found. But what I can't figure out is, why is google looking for them in the first place?

kh7, Nov 2, 2006 IP
  2. alhoop

alhoop Peon

Best Answers:

paul - what he means is you build a page on your site, and in that page you point/link to all of the pages you want to index using keyphrases.

alhoop, Nov 14, 2006 IP