1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is the Expedia are the best affiliate program for travel site?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by Sxperm, Sep 19, 2006.

Hi there, I'm launching new travel website and find many ways to monetize it. Adsense is my first choice :D and I'm interesting in Affiliate program too. I found that Expedia offer affiliate program for travel related sites. Is it worth to join? How much revenue will I get from them? Give me some suggestion.

Regards,
    Sxperm

Sxperm, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  2. doe3001

doe3001 Peon

Best Answers:
    EXPEIDA? AHHHHH. Maybe you can make some money but you might want to know that EXPEDIA is listed in the top rip off link at the "bad business bureau" and has two dedicated websites due to poor customer support and lies. Search for "EXPEDIA complaints" or "EXPEDIA Victims" in Yahoo or Google and you will read horrible stories from customers.
    Expedia is not reputable at all as people believe.

Good luck

doe3001, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  3. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your info. I'll search for those term you given and If this true. I may find another ways to monetize my site.

Regards,
    Sxperm

Sxperm, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  4. 5starAffiliates

5starAffiliates Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Lots of affiliates like www.ian.com which offers several travel affiliate programs like hotels.com and others.

5starAffiliates, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  5. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:

Regards,
    Sxperm

Sxperm, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  6. waqyum

waqyum Peon

Best Answers:
    You may also try Travelaffiliatepro or Hotelscombined.They are quite reputed in the travel affiliate business and offer the highest commisssion-70%.
    I have good experience with Travelaffiliatepro.They are prompt in payments has 2nd tier referral program with 10% commission.

waqyum, Jul 24, 2009 IP
  7. mike21

mike21 Peon

Best Answers:
    I also used Expedia, they did not bad for me. Another good white label would be Booking.com, however, they are more suited for European traffic.

You can find more hotel affiliate programs at travelaffiliates.org. This site focuses on travel webmasters.

mike21, Jan 14, 2010 IP
  8. andy_089

andy_089 Member

Best Answers:
    The problem with travelaffilatepro is that they offer no flights of vacation packages, only hotes.

andy_089, Jan 14, 2010 IP
  9. khansa

khansa Peon

Best Answers:
    I want to inform you all, Don't use Expedia Affilate Travel system (www.ian.com) Because we have copmplaint against them, we have $250 + Commission, when we send them request to payout, they are not responding.

Be Carefull they will distroy your efforts.

I hate these baster people who is playing with people times.
    nawal@anktravel.com

khansa, Dec 26, 2011 IP
  10. golfpro1

golfpro1 Peon

Best Answers:
    There are also some inhouse affiliate programs, as well as travel affiliate programs from the likes of CJ

golfpro1, Dec 27, 2011 IP
  11. bosanci28

bosanci28 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    so,what program will be the best? then!?
    to have all in one ,airfare,hotel,car rental ,vacation deals?

thanks

bosanci28, Dec 27, 2011 IP
  12. PNV

PNV Active Member

Best Answers:
    I use Expedia (IAN) and from my research they are the best one stop shop. they have the most products to work with and nice web templates and widgets.
    my site is not ranking due to he fact that its so new so i cant tell you if it makes money.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
    PNV, Jan 19, 2012 IP
  13. bosanci28

bosanci28 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    at expedia,what option is better as they have like 4 of them the first one or the second one,what will it work better?
    thanks

bosanci28, Jan 20, 2012 IP
  14. PNV

PNV Active Member

Best Answers:

It depends if you want to use your own name (private label) and have them book on your site or send visitors to Expedia.
    I like to keep them on my site. you dont want to put in a lot of work to bring people to your site, and then they leave.
    I think you can make more with expedia ean private label. its also more work.

PNV, Jan 20, 2012 IP
  15. protoss71

protoss71 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi there, someone knows if expedia pay commission for returned customers to affiliate websites? I've just read that on expedia official site:

Competitive commission rates from the first sale (up to 6%, depending upon the travel products)

SO the question is: if a returned customer comes to my affiliate website and then book a room for a second time, there are no commissions because it is not a first sale?

protoss71, Jun 7, 2012 IP
  16. prashcom

prashcom Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi All,
    I also want to share my experience, Don't use Hotelscombined.com Because I have complaint against them, I have $200 + Commission, when we send them request to payout, they are not responding and also stopped my login from their server. I have sent more than 300+ visitors in one month :(

Be Carefull they will destroy your efforts. I suddenly received this email from them -

Hello Prashant,
    As part of our continued commitment to our suppliers and Affiliate Partners, HotelsCombined conducts regular traffic audits on all Affiliate accounts. Our suppliers provide us with booking conversion data which we use to determine the conversion rate for each Affiliate Partner's traffic. We do this to ensure that quality traffic is delivered to our suppliers and maximum Lead Value is maintained for all Affiliate Partners.
    Unfortunately, during our last review we identified an issue with the traffic originating from your account. Specifically, we analysed 152 leads tracked through your account so far and found that none of your leads converted into bookings for our suppliers.
    We cannot charge our supply partners for such leads. As your account generated no booking revenue, as per our Affiliate Agreement Clause 11.2, please consider this to be your Affiliate Account Closure notice effective immediately. Your remaining unpaid balance will be forfeited.
    Please reply to this email if you wish to discuss further.
    Regards,
    HotelsCombined Affiliate Support

I hate these stupid people who is playing with people times.

prashcom, Dec 16, 2012 IP
  17. Thorgal

Thorgal Peon

Best Answers:
    Some suggestions, perhaps more related to Europe, but still giving a persepctive on the industry.
    Why not try some of the large or local airline operators? These days theu usually provide full package of services,
    flight, car, hotel, insurance etc.
    Ryanair.com is popular in Europe.
    In terms of OTAs booking.com seem to be conquering the market, they have over 200,000 hotels and growing.
    And if you`re looking for first hand information and networking why not visit the greatest tourism trade fair in the world
    ITB, over 10,000 hotels and OTAs were available when I last attended in Berlin.

Thorgal, Dec 18, 2012 IP
  18. Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied Banned

Best Answers:
    I also used Expedia, they did not bad for me. Another good white label would be Booking.com, however, they are more suited for European traffic.

You can find more hotel affiliate programs at travelaffiliates.org. This site focuses on travel webmasters.

Elfen Lied, Dec 28, 2012 IP