1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is the content demand decreasing?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by zuly, Jun 22, 2011.

1. MMC content creation

MMC content creation Peon

Best Answers:
    As someone else has said in this thread, you really have to be creating work on demand. If you write in the hope that someone is going to buy your pre written work, you are relying on someone happening upon it, and actually needing it. You may be better off advertising your services so that you can be approached to create content that people need. Good luck :)

MMC content creation, Jul 7, 2011 IP
  2. mrinalaha

mrinalaha Member

Best Answers:
    There are more writing sites these days. That may be the reason.

mrinalaha, Jul 20, 2011 IP
  3. healthdomainbuyer

healthdomainbuyer Peon

Best Answers:
    I would love to hear why you think it is possible for Google to do this. I'm working on my own niche sites and a friend of mine (who is pretty successful with niche sites/passive income) says it's not possible for an automated Google spider to know if your content sucks. She says they account for things like time on page, number of inbound/outbound links, etc. So how can an automated tool tell if something is written according to proper grammar? How can it tell if something is "quality"? I personally do believe Google takes grammar and spelling into account, but I'd love to have a good argument to present.

healthdomainbuyer, Jul 20, 2011 IP
  4. bikramksingh

bikramksingh Peon

Best Answers:
    Demand for low quality content has gone down. In general, content is still very much in demand.

bikramksingh, Jul 21, 2011 IP
  5. hotladylucy

hotladylucy Peon

Best Answers:
    To be honest, I'm not sure what sales letters are. My background is in SEO copywriting. I mostly write copy for websites.

hotladylucy, Jul 21, 2011 IP
  6. writermichael

writermichael Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with Senobia. There really are two types of content, cheap or good. I recommend picking a camp and sticking to it. Pre-written articles for sale, whether the writing is good or not, are typically seen as lower quality.

writermichael, Jul 21, 2011 IP
  7. GamingOn

GamingOn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    2 b honest there are allot of content writers vs the amount of content buyers out there. =). That could be ur problem. Tons of new accts daily here at DP snipe up all the writing work. At pennies on the dollar, I don't care what Google's Panda and Farmer did my SEO Shot gun pwns any "devalue" :)

GamingOn, Jul 22, 2011 IP
  8. workerbeeone

workerbeeone Peon

Best Answers:
    Good, quality, unique, well-written content will ALWAYS be in demand. Even with a crowded market, there will always be buyers for good content.

workerbeeone, Jul 22, 2011 IP
  9. sundown16

sundown16 Peon

Best Answers:
    ..... offering valuable content and showing authority in your niche will ALWAYS rule! The key is creating quality, original content
    and present it in multiple mediums.

sundown16, Jul 27, 2011 IP
  10. payaldurga

payaldurga Peon

Best Answers:
    There is demand for good content. Instead of writing articles putting your own ideas, you can write on guidelines given by clients, according to their taste and idea. your own articles can be submitted in many websites where you are paid according to traffic.

payaldurga, Jul 27, 2011 IP
  11. yecall

yecall Peon

Best Answers:
    The content demand is not decreasing. The Internet devours content all day and night, twenty-four hours a day. You should not doubt yourself as a writer. At all times, maintain that self-confidence. The demand is high and you can be positive towards it.

yecall, Aug 2, 2011 IP
  12. writermichael

writermichael Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not so sure that raw volumes of content are as in demand as before. It seems that people may just be getting the hint from Google. With their new Panda algorithm, they clearly prefer higher quality content.

writermichael, Aug 2, 2011 IP
  13. kyescontent

kyescontent Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try producing on demand instead of trying to sell pre-written batches. Trends rise and fall, and it's easier to align yourself to what's current than to try to sell what may be out of date.

kyescontent, Aug 4, 2011 IP
  14. freelancewebaz

freelancewebaz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've noticed an increase in the demand for original writings on demand but a decrease in demand for prewritten packs of articles.  Anyone else seeing this?

freelancewebaz, Aug 5, 2011 IP
  15. pranjal20022002

pranjal20022002 Peon

Best Answers:
    Demand for content has never been on the decrease. In fact, if you write quality content, you can earn a decent sum from it.

pranjal20022002, Aug 5, 2011 IP
  16. livinitup0

livinitup0 Member

Best Answers:
    Prewritten content isnt selling because almost everyone in that section of the forum is selling badly written rewrites that no one wants or can even use anymore. Its just like any "get-rich-quick-without-having-any-actual-skill" method of making money on the internet...it flares, gets saturated and then dies. Good writers will always have work. Bad ones need to go back to fiddling with CPA and Adsense :)

livinitup0, Aug 12, 2011 IP
  17. pradiprg

pradiprg Active Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe it is true. or May be not properly advertised or brought to the notice. Or due to too much competition, some are ready to write at any cheap price.

pradiprg, Aug 12, 2011 IP
  18. ramprop11

ramprop11 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you. Demand for Content Writing has decreased. But I think its just a phase. It will soon be over.

ramprop11, Aug 13, 2011 IP
  19. Fem

Fem Active Member

Best Answers:
    I could read may article saying that the Panda Update would change the life of writers as the demand for unique content will be increased like anything, but I personally haven't experienced any such demands or changes in the rates of writers. Did someone?

Fem, Aug 13, 2011 IP