1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is the Amazon affiliate program worth it?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by gary99, Nov 28, 2005.

1. EdenView

EdenView Peon

Best Answers:
    Amazon ads can look like text links, or like netflix ads with the onmouseover / java trick.
    They are not, to date, contextual unless you target them yourself.
    You can also create whole stores that are driven off of amazon's content, so no in linea ads are necessary.

EdenView, May 31, 2006 IP
  2. Nite

Nite Active Member

Best Answers:
    I recently began a forum that is geared to stock market investing, and put some adsense and amazon stuff on it -- for diversity. Since I'm using Simple Machines Forum with Tiny Portal, I can put all advertising inside "blocks" on the left hand side of my forum. (I can turn the blocks off one at a time or rearrange their position if need be.) Each time a page a refreshed, the content inside those block reflects the what's on the page. Therefore, if someone makes a post inside the 'existentialism' child board of my forum, the ads from adsense and amazon reflect it the content of the post. Since I do not have many posts, I wonder if the ads "will get better and more targeted" as time progresses. In fact, I should go to my amazon site and include a couple more "keywords" for my targeted ads.

If, like me, visitors or guests are relatively "new" to the stock market game, then the ads serve up some books and links relating to investing. Mainly family members and friends visit my site, and for the time being, that's cool.

As far as amazon in particular is concerned, books are one of the many ways that knowledge is communicated. The way I see it, users/members/guests will click on the ads they want; they will not click on ads that serve no purpose to them. Clicking on an amazon ad versus an adsense ad depends upon what the user is interested in. If one eliminates on particular type of ad from his or her site, then diversity is reduced. "Diversity within constraint" is what I'm after for the time being. I'm sure that as my member base grows, they will tell me what they do or do not want to see.

Nite, May 31, 2006 IP
  3. gn77

gn77 Peon

Best Answers:
    informative thread.. I have been thinking of putting amazon ads on my site

gn77, Jun 2, 2006 IP
  4. windy

windy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Over the last 7 days, I've had 30 clicks on Amazon product affiliate but 0 conversion

windy, Jul 1, 2006 IP
  5. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    It can be like that windy but I find the norm to be 1 conversion for every three clicks.
    It depends on what you are selling though, I have a huge amount of Amazon pages showing products but I notice over 90% of the sales relate to small ticket items.

Even with so many pages indexed It's still rare for me to receive over 30 clicks in a day.

Cyclops, Jul 1, 2006 IP
  6. andreayton

andreayton Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    its worth it for long term since the payouts are so low at first :(

andreayton, Dec 16, 2012 IP
  7. ktp2012

ktp2012 Active Member

Best Answers:
    First, You must focus on one only
    Example if you focus on Amazon affiliate program, you study a lot think, example : adwords, autoresponse, minisite, and others. It is hard to get sale on Amazon affiliate program. It look more difficult than adsense or chitika.
    If you focus on adsense or chitika , you write article, and post it in directory such as : ezinearticles , and goarticle, you write more article, you get many traffic, someone will click adsense or chitika ads

ktp2012, Dec 19, 2012 IP
  8. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    It was worth it for me for some time. Unfortunately Amazon killed that as they do not like lots of queries. They want sales. My sales to query ratio was pretty low, but the sales were VERY high. They killed the number of allowed queries from my stores to the point that that ratio / gap closed in such a way that there were little to no sales.

They'd like to see a sale for every query. Unfortunately, that just does not happen. No biggie. Just meant I sent that traffic elsewhere.

Mia, Dec 27, 2012 IP
  9. Vrindavan

Vrindavan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    >> Amazon killed that

how do they do it ?

Vrindavan, Dec 27, 2012 IP
  10. linkonlineshop

linkonlineshop Peon

Best Answers:
    can any one clear my doubt.. i want to know suppose iam a affiliate for a seller and some customer buys a product through my affiliate link and some commission gets added to my account. But is it possible for me to find the details of the particular customer like his name, what he bought, at what price and what percent of his purchase has turned as my commission.

linkonlineshop, Dec 28, 2012 IP
  11. nihangshah

nihangshah Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    No, it's not possible to find details of customer. It's hidden to protect privacy of the customer.

nihangshah, Dec 28, 2012 IP
  12. godzluck

godzluck Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    for the past 6 days when I joined amazon's affi I had 28 click 0% conversion.T_T

godzluck, Dec 29, 2012 IP