1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is tehre a difference in programming of PHP in Apache 1.3 and 2.0???

Discussion in 'PHP' started by galacnet, May 28, 2005.

Hello,

I have recently started converting my servers from running Apache 1.3.x to running Apache 2.0.x

However, some of my scripts are not running on the Apache 2.0 installation which is also installed with php 4.3.10
    the script however works on servers running the Apache 1.3 and tested with php from version 4.3.4 to 4.3.11

The error happens when I couple the running of a php script with that of a .htaccess file.
    the /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/sitex file have already been added with the
    AllowOverride All
    Options All
    functions which causes the .htaccess files to work properly but when the commands get loaded into a php script they generate an error.

I suspect that some variables that were used in Apache 1.3 are not the same as that in Apache 2.0.

the script is a very simple script which when a html file in the folder is requested, the .htaccess will verify that it is a html file and then direct the user to a php script which in turn will regenerate the file with some added values.

The script currently does not see the files and in the directories at all.....

Any one got any advice for this situation?

galacnet, May 28, 2005 IP