1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is SWReg.org a scam?

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by mikyur, Oct 20, 2008.

1. melly666

melly666 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I can confidently and accurately say that this is a scam. After all, the automated reply was sent to others on this thread. Duh.[/QUOTE]

Yep ok..then why isn't there a phone number and the email doesn't work. Got the bank chasing you or Wondershare or whoever is the guilty party. SCAM,SCAM,SCAM!!!!!!!!

melly666, Jan 19, 2011 IP
  2. fullrevenue

fullrevenue Peon

Best Answers:
    dont use any one ... because any one can not be paypal .

fullrevenue, Jan 21, 2011 IP
  3. melly666

melly666 Greenhorn

Best Answers:

melly666, Jan 21, 2011 IP
  4. donb01

donb01 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes definetely a SCAM I'm trying to get a refund and they just keep pushing my request to the vendor who is really starting to piss me off with the run around and try to get any help from SWREG to NO avail,

donb01, Mar 20, 2011 IP
  5. donb01

donb01 Peon

Best Answers:
    GOOD NEWS ALL I found a phone # for SWREG and they give you and instant refund. you will need your cc # and the date of purchase (don't know how far back they will honor it i.e. 1 / 2/ 3 or more months ? my purchase was only a week old once I gave them my details he told me I should see the credit in 2 -3 days :)

here is the Phone # for SWREG / digital river

To get information regarding your order or to cancel the order, please contact DRI* directly by calling 1.877.229.2938. They are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week

I found it on a website somewhere and called today and it worked!!!!!!!!!!!

donb01, Mar 21, 2011 IP
  6. kimwal

kimwal Peon

Best Answers:
    My recent rip-off from these scammers was through Value Plus. I am awaiting a request for refunding. This was definitely a scam which occurred through credit card theft after misrepresentation. SWREG was the initiator. As usual, the victim must junp through hoops!

kimwal, Mar 23, 2011 IP
  7. Devious Design

Devious Design Member

Best Answers:
    It's a scam, no doubt.
    I have a PayPal case open right now. It's only a matter of time until PayPal bans them. Then they'll move on to ProPay but they won't put up with their shit either until eventually they discover Google Checkout- which is a haven for scammers because Google is clueless when it comes to running credit cards. You simply can't have e-commerce without phone support.

Devious Design, Jul 6, 2011 IP
  8. seo slayer

seo slayer Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks like just another scam!

seo slayer, Jul 7, 2011 IP
  9. Mark_Anthony

Mark_Anthony Active Member

Best Answers:
    Mark_Anthony, Jul 7, 2011 IP
  10. gysev

gysev Peon

Best Answers:
    its a scam 100%

gysev, Jul 10, 2011 IP
  11. smtm101

smtm101 Peon

Best Answers:
    I made an account specifically so I could say that YES SWREG is a scam. I've made numerous requests for a refund and received no response whatsoever. Also the reputation website Clyde Stan is a scam as well. I sent $500 to them through SWREG and never got the service they offered. They have a fake number and fake fax. There is NO way to contact SWREG. I wish something can be done about this crap. Theres no telling how many people have been ripped off by these scumbags. Be careful people. Make sure that the website youre going to give money to has a valid phone number fax and address.
    -dan

smtm101, Jul 20, 2011 IP
  12. MVEsperanza

MVEsperanza Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok So, Im Here just to tell you that to a Degree they are not a Scam.....

Ok, Everyone trying to fill out the application through the link provided stop.

Also stop emailing the company's you bought whatever from cause they are not going to reply....

So Let me tell you what happened to me.

Yesterday Morning I Bought a Gift Credit Card to but something from a store called, AndroidforIphone.com I Bought the product for $30. They Promised all Iphones are supported (Jailbroken or Not) to get Android Software. When i logged into members area the only thing to download where 2 PDF Files Explaining how to get Android on either the Iphone 2G or 3G. I Have an Iphone 3GS. Which is labeled with coming Soon. So When i downloaded the PDF for Iphone 3G, i read through it. All it was was a Instruction Manual and how to get Android on your Iphone. When i read through it i started feeling suspicious after reading i needed to jailbreak my Iphone first (Knowing there are apps in Cydia[App Store for Jailbroken Iphones] that can make my Iphone run on android for free) So i googled the company name (AndroidforIphone) And found they are selling freeware software from a company called IDroid a free Product available for Jailbroken Iphones in Cydia. So i searched all over trying to get a refund. Then i cam across this thread, reading alot of the posts, went to last page and found this guy that clamied to find the Phone number of this place so i called it and what do you know she asked for my card number and zip code, Next thing i know she has the order number and says. Do you want me to issue a refund i said yes and I got my refund.

Call 1.877.229.2938 To get your Refund do allow up to 7 Days

She Also gave me an email to email swreg to report any scam sites. info@swreg.com

Sincerely,
    Devin

If you dont believe me PM me.

MVEsperanza, Jul 30, 2011 IP
  13. muzikman226

muzikman226 Peon

Best Answers:
    I bought an app called RipThat Music from SwREG. It claims to allow you to rip audio form Youtube videos and convert to MP3. It offers lifetime updates, five years of support, and no hassle refund. I downloaded from a link provided and the app did not work. I contacted support and was advised that Youtube had changed it's rendering codes and I would recieve an update. It never happened, contacted again and was ignored, contacted again for a refund and was ignored. Checked on this company with the BBB. In the last three years it has 646 complants lodged against it for the same kind of problems.

muzikman226, Aug 11, 2011 IP
  14. yenerich

yenerich Active Member

Best Answers:
    swrge.org is not a scam. Im working with them since 2001 and im pleased with.

yenerich, Aug 16, 2011 IP
  15. yenerich

yenerich Active Member

Best Answers:
    swreg.org have a lot of phone numbers, also in different languages.

yenerich, Aug 16, 2011 IP
  16. alexgreatcpa

alexgreatcpa Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I have never tried them. I was thinking add them as our payment processor but i will not.

alexgreatcpa, Aug 29, 2011 IP
  17. thetechtalk

thetechtalk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just because they have horrible customer service doesn't mean they're a scam.

thetechtalk, Aug 31, 2011 IP
  18. Vendor C

Vendor C Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi, here's my experience from the Vendor side. We have used SWREG (part of Digital River) and have done so since 2007. We haven't experienced any major issues as such (occasionally we have to chase up emails when requesting technical support) and what I'd like to point out to all those who are attempting to obtain refunds is that we process the refunds, not SWREG, who cannot make the decision to refund you without the consent of the vendor. I personally deal with our customer support inbox for customers who have purchased our products using the SWREG ecommerce platform, and part of this job involves issuing refunds. I wouldn't expect our customers to be going to SWREG directly (although when they do we get auto-forwarded the email to deal with ourselves.) It's all part of the tools contained within our vendor interface on the SWREG back end - refund requests, order summaries etc. We've never experienced any issues when dealing with refunds as it's our decision to refund our customers (not SWREG) and we are paid efficiently every month by SWREG. I'd hate to think we'd been using a scam for the past 4 years but I'm certain that we haven't been. Hope this helps, and bottom line being, contact the vendor.

Vendor C, Oct 3, 2011 IP
  19. Romulo

Romulo Peon

Best Answers:
    Thieves!
    I bought a software to unlock my iPhone for $ 30 and not received the product!:mad:
    I was directed to a page with a fake address!
    I tried to recover my money through a page of support but the service does not work!
    Theoretically, the site offers all the tools to support, however, all fake, nothing works!
    Thieves!

Has anyone managed to recover their money?
    I made the purchase through PayPal, send all information to PayPal to recover my money.
    Has anyone had success trying to recover the money transferred to these thieves?

Romulo, Oct 6, 2011 IP
  20. Vendor C

Vendor C Guest

Best Answers:

Where did you buy the dodgy iPhone unlock from? Have you actually contacted them, as the vendor of this dodgy product? SWREG are in effect a 'middle man' who process the payment which is then passed to the vendor. They therefore don't have the authority to refund a vendor's sales nor do they actually have your payment - the vendor does. Compare them, if you like, to an online version of the banks/card companies who process your payment when you go into a store and make a card payment. If you wanted to return your item, you'd go back to the store would you not? You wouldn't phone up the 'middle man' who managed the electronic transfer of funds from your account to the store's, and ask them for a refund.

Whether the iPhone unlock software vendor is dodgy or not, it isn't really in the hands of SWREG. Their customer is the vendor, not you.

Vendor C, Oct 7, 2011 IP