1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is submiting to DMOZ a viable strategy for SEO

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by przemek, Aug 7, 2006.

1. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Or 99.99 ;)

MattUK, Aug 10, 2006 IP
  2. brizzie

brizzie Peon

Best Answers:
    That I wouldn't disagree with. Accepting editors who are not webmasters isn't one of those problems.

brizzie, Aug 10, 2006 IP
  3. silencer

silencer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    best advice i've heard all day. If you choose deeper categories it is generally easier to get into, but who wants to be in some obscure category that only the editor views.

Someone else suggested submitting and hoping, I suggest submitting and forgetting. I'm listed in DMOZ and I've had friends listed too via the legitimate method of submitting and waiting. Other friends who have brilliant websites, have not had them listed despite their resources being some of the best for their category on the web.

If you get in, sweet, if you don't, who cares. It's not going to change your traffic and it's not going to decide whether your business is successful or not. People place too much importance on DMOZ. The power of your business lies in YOUR control, don't rely on DMOZ, you will be sadly dissapointed.

silencer, Aug 11, 2006 IP
    compostannie likes this.
  4. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Precisely...

minstrel, Aug 11, 2006 IP
    brizzie likes this.