1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is starting a dating website worth it?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by jbthedon, Dec 7, 2011.

1. HostJail

HostJail Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thats absolutely right. You have to offer something different, maybe even start locally if you would like. But as far as starting a web site, I believe you should start it and give it a shot. The biggest failure in life is not in failing itself, its in never giving it a try.

HostJail, Apr 7, 2012 IP
  2. dudeseo

dudeseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    there are many competitions , if you are not coming up with some new idea, its not wothwhile.

dudeseo, Apr 7, 2012 IP
  3. heavycat

heavycat Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Like anything else it really depends on how much work is invested.

heavycat, Apr 7, 2012 IP
  4. jhardy2008

jhardy2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Geo targeted dating websites are quite sucessfull now days....

jhardy2008, Apr 16, 2012 IP
  5. jasonvan

jasonvan Member

Best Answers:
    My suggestion would be to place ads on the site and start making money right away. The first few years I didn't want to put any ads on my site because I didn't want to lose any potential members. Years went by and I wasn't making a dime. I finally sprinkled in some ads and began making some coins. It felt good.

Don't wait to start making money. Plus, the more you make the more you can reinvest in advertising and other promotional opportunities.

Finally, don't wait for your dating site to be 100% glitch free before going live with it. 95% of visitors will never come back anyway, no matter how good your content is, so just take advantage of whatever traffic you get and start making money.

jasonvan, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  6. jenniffer

jenniffer Peon

Best Answers:
    It is really a good idea. It will surely work but do SEO task hard for good results

jenniffer, Apr 19, 2012 IP
  7. livedating

livedating Active Member

Best Answers:
    Traditional social networks like facebook allow people to create a virtual connection graph which represents their real-life connections. While dating sites do the opposite - first they connect people online and they then meet each other in reality. This may sound like similar services, but since the graph transition is opposite, the problems they face are completely different. On dating sites the main issue is safety, i.e. scam and fake profiles detection. A typical online dating site has about 60-80% fake or scam profiles. You can check our dating site www.livedating.me to see how we solved this.

livedating, Apr 25, 2012 IP
  8. TuesZ

TuesZ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I know it's a little outdated but how exactly did you solve this. I'm curious. I checked out your site but it just seems like any other dating site in operation.

TuesZ, Jul 8, 2017 IP
  9. c4cyber

c4cyber Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it depends on how much you can invest and how much you can create hype for it.

c4cyber, Jun 27, 2018 IP