1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

IS SMO much better then SEO in 2013?

Discussion in 'All Other Search Engines' started by pawanseolinks, Jul 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    Both of them have their own significance we can't say that only SEO or SMO is better but to some extent SEO has given rise to the SMO think it like if there is no SMO then I don't think there should have SMO :p

John Dave, Jan 16, 2014 IP
  2. Amarkolom

Amarkolom Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you do affiliate or sell any product and you need quick relevant customer then you can go with SMO .but if your target is to run CPC or long term blogging plan then you need seo first.

Thanks

Amarkolom, Jan 22, 2014 IP
  3. pawanseolinks

pawanseolinks Guest

Best Answers:
    You are right

pawanseolinks, Feb 20, 2014 IP
  4. sakir muhammad

sakir muhammad Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    SEO is better !

sakir muhammad, Feb 20, 2014 IP
  5. pawanseolinks

pawanseolinks Guest

Best Answers:
    I have been working in SEO past 7 years and have a lot off happy client who like SEO

pawanseolinks, Feb 20, 2014 IP
  6. Sam Douglas

Sam Douglas Banned

Best Answers:
    IN order to promote your website or product both are required... How ever if you are just promoting your product through any referral link and you don't have any website than only SMO will be useful for you....

Sam Douglas, Feb 24, 2014 IP
  7. JithinC

JithinC Member

Best Answers:
    SMO is not a competition for SEO. Rather SMO is a value addition to SEO to make it further effective.
    like what we say PR is one of 100 measures that determines ranking of a site in search engine, SMO is one of those SEO method...
    I have written a blog post about it headed "Social media optimization strategies that worked". . .

JithinC, Mar 11, 2014 IP
  8. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To make things better SMO is part of SEO to achieve long term duration of results. We use social media sites as a medium to reach your targeted audience that's why it's one of the most important factor in Off Page SEO.

KylieSweet, Mar 11, 2014 IP
  9. pawanseolinks

pawanseolinks Guest

Best Answers:
    some customer said smo does not help more ..only SEO is the best

pawanseolinks, Mar 12, 2014 IP
  10. melprise

melprise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    SMO is definitely competition for SEO, as when done right it can replace the whole emphasis on ranking sites with one of building direct link-through traffic based on positive social interaction online. Google doesn't like this, as people pursuing an effective alternative to targeted traffic other than the search engine route would affect its bottom line---so it has amended its algo to integrate social media into its ranking formula.

Under G's current scheme, social signals provide additional verification of authority or trust in a site. By this means marketers have been trained to think of social media as a component of SEO, thus keeping their perspective Google-centric. But properly scaled, SMO can (and perhaps should) operate as a wholly separate method of getting targeted visitors to websites.

melprise, Mar 12, 2014 IP
  11. BoostSoftware

BoostSoftware Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with the ones that say that SMO has a different purpose than SEO. SMO helps you reach people on a personal level on all the top networks to which you belong. The SEO is for making your site show up in search results so you don't have to work so hard to get website traffic.

BoostSoftware, Mar 20, 2014 IP
  12. jonrod

jonrod Member

Best Answers:
    SMO is far better than SEO.
    (Just my opinion though)

I actually have a friend who runs a fashion blog and he always promote everything in his blog through social media, and he's getting good results. I mean numerous sales.

jonrod, Mar 26, 2014 IP
  13. Mario Stewart

Mario Stewart Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    According to me both are good but you need to do it in ethical manner.

Mario Stewart, Mar 26, 2014 IP
  14. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, you seemed to ask a very broad question both SEO and SMO are fruitful as you know that SEO gets you traffic from the search engine while SMO get you traffic from the social networking media, I would rather say that both are fruitful and both of them requires effort you can't just say I have created a page on the social networking site and is going to get me traffic, it depends on the work you are doing. :)

John Dave, Apr 3, 2014 IP
  15. Pawan Singh

Pawan Singh Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree somewhat above all , certainly they can not be alternative of each other. You must use it in combination or in balance. Smo is good fast traffic but can not last like seo

Pawan Singh, May 4, 2014 IP
    JithinC likes this.
  16. JithinC

JithinC Member

Best Answers:
    That's it. A better balance should be maintained. For me, to be frankly Social media traffic is not that big and currently we are working on it

JithinC, May 10, 2014 IP
  17. pawanseolinks

pawanseolinks Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree with you for increase sale SMO work much better !

pawanseolinks, May 20, 2014 IP
  18. Pawan Singh

Pawan Singh Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can not go with one SEO , no doubt SEO is better than SMO ..it takes time but gives consistent benefit..However how will you deal with Google Animal update ...suppose from SEO you get 2000 visit per days ..but just in one single update of google you'll come from top to bottom ...This is the place where SMO comes into play for those who think only SEO is enough ..I have seen many frustrated & desprate website owner searching for SEO consultant after Google Update ...So it's always better & safe to go in balance

Pawan Singh, May 30, 2014 IP
  19. Tom hanks

Tom hanks Member

Best Answers:
    What is your main purpose. If you are looking for traffic than SMO is better than SEO.

Tom hanks, May 30, 2014 IP
  20. Kenneth Pabon

Kenneth Pabon Active Member

Best Answers:
    For me SEO is better than SEO, well obviously you shouldn't compare them, because they are different.

Why SEO is better? SEO is build strong and long term traffic. The result is long but when gain the position you can just sit back and watch the traffic.

Kenneth Pabon, Jun 18, 2014 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.