1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Sitemaps worth it? What will it do for me?

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by mnymkr, May 23, 2006.

I am thinking of giving this a go. Is it hard to set up and get going? Especially if I am using a CMS like Joomla?

mnymkr, May 23, 2006 IP
  2. websitetools

websitetools Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is almost effortless if you use a sitemap generator.

I will of course recommend my own :D
    Tour with screenshots for my site map tool.

Anyways, you will probably also want to check http://code.google.com/sm_thirdparty.html
    which lists just about all 3rd party sitemap generators.

websitetools, May 23, 2006 IP
  3. dfsweb

dfsweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    I created sitemap and submitted it on the 15th of May. It was only downloaded by Google 15 hours ago, so there was an 8 day turnaround time for downloading the site map. The pages still haven't been cached so it might be a few more days before the site is completely cached.

Without the site map, Google seems to be visiting my sites but is not doing a deep crawl. So, it might be a good idea to use sitemaps for all your sites. My other sites are doing fine though, so I haven't submitted a sitemap for them.

dfsweb, May 23, 2006 IP
  4. AmmoX

AmmoX Guest

Best Answers:
    For Joomla give Joomap a try. Makes a great published sitemap as well as for goog.

OpenSef has included a sitemap generator with the latest release as well but I'm still partial to Joomap since it gives you a published map as well.

AmmoX, May 24, 2006 IP