1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Shopify a good e-commerce solution ??

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by billy_the_kid, Sep 5, 2013.

1. appkodes

appkodes Banned

Best Answers:
    Shopify and Magento Community are fairly powerful ecommerce hosting platforms, Shopify provides greater ease of use since it is a hosted and fully managed service.

appkodes, Apr 25, 2016 IP
  2. James Grey

James Grey Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yep but I am recommending you OpenCart because opencart is easy to use for both vender or developer.

James Grey, Apr 25, 2016 IP
  3. Natasha_Williams

Natasha_Williams Peon

Best Answers:
    All mentioned solutions are great and used by merchants in different countries. Shopify seems to be one of the most widely used options. Also, i have heard about one new solution which is just emerging on the market and might be interesting to you, it is called Browuse. In order to find out more you can just google.

Natasha_Williams, Apr 27, 2016 IP
  4. UT-Ryan

UT-Ryan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah, Shopify's great -- especially if you're just starting out. They take care of all the backend server work for you, and they do a pretty good job with it. Meanwhile, you can add products and design your store. They also incorporate security measures during the checkout process, but I'd still recommend finding a separate merchant solution. Shopify Payments rates are pretty high -- you can find something much more competitive. Take a look at the merchant services/payment gateways Shopify can work with: https://www.shopify.com/payment-gateways

UT-Ryan, Apr 27, 2016 IP
  5. Shahzad Jameel

Shahzad Jameel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @Natasha_Williams
    Still a long way to go for Browuse as it can't compete yet to Shopify, BigCommerce etc.

Shahzad Jameel, Apr 28, 2016 IP
  6. Pria Terhebat

Pria Terhebat Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Shopify is extremely easy to use. The backend is modeled after WordPress and so it has much the same look and feel. You can easily figure out how to add products, how to enable or disable features of your store, how to set up payment options and many other useful features. This is probably one of the main strengths of Shopify.

Pria Terhebat, May 5, 2016 IP
  7. Christine Hopkins

Christine Hopkins Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As compare to many other ecommerce solutions providers, it is much more better. There is one more name in market that is performing well, Magento. You must try this for better solutions.

Christine Hopkins, May 5, 2016 IP
  8. appkodes

appkodes Banned

Best Answers:
    yes, it is a good eCommerce sites...

appkodes, May 13, 2016 IP
  9. IdosellShop

IdosellShop Banned

Best Answers:
    I agree in 100% it is great tool on some stage of business development process. Easy to use, offers must have basic features- will work great for you till certain size of operations. When you want to cross 5000 parcels a month you might need either professional tool set on hand or hire more people to keep highest customer service level + additional modules to bypass technology gaps in a system.

With additional modules it gives you good startup- but since there are are third parties modules there might be a bit gambling in reliability. This works for any backend system- when you have multi suppliers responsibility goes blur.

IdosellShop, Jun 1, 2016 IP
  10. IdosellShop

IdosellShop Banned

Best Answers:
    Magento is great if you can afford it and you require some specific functions not available in Saas model.

IdosellShop, Jun 1, 2016 IP
  11. Thomas Ann

Thomas Ann Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well, Shopify is becoming more and more popular among e-commerce community. I tried Prestashop 5 months ago and have given up it. I have migrated Prestashop to Shopify. Now, I am really satisfied with my results. Hope you will make your decision soon!

Thomas Ann, Jun 6, 2016 IP
  12. shophia

shophia Active Member

Best Answers:
    Magento is better than Shopify because Magento is 100% SEO friendly. There are Marketing, Promotions and Conversion Tools in Magento. Magento's features:
    Customer Segmentation, Targeted Promotions & Merchandising
    Dynamic Rule Based Product Relations
    Persistent Shopping
    Automated Email Marketing Reminder

There are lots of advantages of Magento in compare to Shopify.

shophia, Jun 6, 2016 IP
  13. IdosellShop

IdosellShop Banned

Best Answers:
    Do you do anything else than Shopify? In case you are strong on front-end I can provide you says based enterprice pavia ck-end solution.
    You can build up front and connect SMARTY with back int- test us- to compare apple to apple- no one represents higher rate features vs. money on market.

IdosellShop, Jun 6, 2016 IP
  14. lukey372

lukey372 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Shopify is alright however I would rather have total control over everything.
    I use opencart and magento.

lukey372, Jun 6, 2016 IP
  15. James Harvey

James Harvey Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Shopify maybe a good choice with plentiful templates, flexibility and fast support. You can completely believe in Shopify for your e-commerce website.
    Btw, if you wanna transfer data from your current site to Shopify, you can find Shopify database migration tool by LitExtension.

James Harvey, Jun 6, 2016 IP