1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Shopify a good e-commerce solution ??

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by billy_the_kid, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Shahzad Jameel

Shahzad Jameel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not much difficult to learn Magento but if someone will do that and spend some time on learning then life will become easy as Magento is a complete and comprehensive solution. Absolutely mathless and I am saying this on the basis of my 12 years of experience in eCommerce specially development.

Cheers

Shahzad Jameel, Oct 2, 2015 IP
  2. ebiztrendz.com

ebiztrendz.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on your requirement, You need to question your self to find the relevant answers. You need to define your requirement to know the suggestions. questions like
    a) How many products do you want to start with?
    b) Do you some technical knowledge on opensource like opencart, magento, prestashop, bigcommerce etc?

ebiztrendz.com, Oct 2, 2015 IP
  3. oskaroskar

oskaroskar Peon

Best Answers:
    Shopify is great for medium ecommerce stores. It is user-friendly. Best for beginners.
    Magento is not so easy to understand. It will give you a tough time. But once you are through, possibilities are endless.

oskaroskar, Oct 2, 2015 IP
  4. Harshal shah

Harshal shah Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey,
    Shopify is an E-commerce cart system. Here is my opinion:
    1.If you've small business & small requirements then you should go with Shopify but when you've large business which requires lots of things then you should go with Magento. Because Shopify has so many limitations as compare to Magento.
    2.Second thing shopify is hosting based but Magento is free.
    3.SEO is typical in shopify as compare to Magento.

Harshal shah, Oct 5, 2015 IP
  5. 5Gloria5

5Gloria5 Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO has nothing to do with ecommerce platform you are using so better ignore all such replies.
    I’d vote for shopify!

5Gloria5, Oct 13, 2015 IP
  6. tajdink

tajdink Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    if you want be completely independent from online e-commerce web-sellers ..u must devolop your own site ..her i aam helping you to find a best solution for you ...www.ihtaj.com login with pass : 'testforu' ...test the site and application , complete sourcecodes you can aquire..we will indtall on your server for just 2500$

tajdink, Oct 21, 2015 IP
  7. VandhanamDigit

VandhanamDigit Active Member

Best Answers:
    * Shopify has Good Built-in Speed & Security for Hosting
    * Great Customer Support
    * Attractive Design
    * Add-Ons (Shopify App Store)

--
    Some Cons
    * Content Marketing
    * Pricing
    * Initial setup

If you are looking for an all-in-one ecommerce solution for your online store, and you are looking to grow and add products – and you have a little bit of technical know-how, then Shopify will be a great fit for you.

VandhanamDigit, Oct 23, 2015 IP
  8. Website Submitter

Website Submitter Member

Best Answers:
    1. Shopify offers you over 100 beautiful and professional templates (themes), so your online shop can look great.
    2. Shopify is very flexible and has all sorts of tools (Apps) to meet your needs and to extend the functionality of your online store.
    3. Shopify offers you a true 24/7 anytime support. You can reach them at any time through phone support, online live chat or email.

Website Submitter, Oct 23, 2015 IP
  9. dustoff3210

dustoff3210 Member

Best Answers:
    I have been considering woo Commerce wordpress plugin. Any comments on that one?

dustoff3210, Oct 24, 2015 IP
  10. VandhanamDigit

VandhanamDigit Active Member

Best Answers:
    Easy to use, install, develop for, Woo does it all and is a great base to get your e-commerce project started. The interface has gotten significantly easier to use over the past few versions, and with stripe support, it's a great way to set up a quick and polished-looking e-store.

There is no such thing as the perfect ecommerce solution for all applications, but the best I have found for my needs is Woocommerce. I love WordPress, and having an ecommerce solution that fits within that framework and preserves all of the great CMS functionality of WP is a godsend.

Perhaps most important, there is great support and add on functionality from a huge community of developers.

--

VandhanamDigit, Oct 24, 2015 IP
    blubloc.annm likes this.
  11. Lucy Barret

Lucy Barret Member

Best Answers:
    I think, Shopify is good option for you as this is pretty easy to use. Other CMSs will require knowledge of coding and other stuff but with Shopify, you can manage all the stuff on your own.

Lucy Barret, Oct 27, 2015 IP
  12. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    SEO has EVERYTHING to do with the ecommerce platform you choose. You really shouldn't talk if you're clueless about a subject.

If the ecommerce platform isn't SEO friendly, how can you expect the store to rank well in Google and other search engines?

dcristo, Apr 6, 2016 IP
  13. eva-max

eva-max Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes am also agree with you because shopify is one of the best eCommerce platform as compared to others but i don't think without seo your site show on first page in google.

eva-max, Apr 9, 2016 IP
  14. Shahzad Jameel

Best Answers:
    John, I respect your words but in my opinion Shopify is good but there is no comparison with Magento. Magento is one of the best eCommerce solution with an ability to customize it(though it has some issues) but there is some limitation in case of Shopify.

We can compare Shopify with BigCommerce, PrestaShop, BigCartal, Volusion etc. and out of these Shopify is the best one. I worked with all of the above solutions and this is what I noticed during the course of my development work.

I would like to hear from other experts as well.

Shahzad Jameel, Apr 11, 2016 IP
  15. dropshipster

dropshipster Peon

Best Answers:
    Woocommerce is the best in my opinion.

dropshipster, Apr 11, 2016 IP
  16. Shahzad Jameel

Best Answers:
    I am a great fan of WordPress and it's most popular plugin WooCommerce as it is super easy for all stake holders of websites either designer, developer or webmasters. If you are a small business it is strongly recommended to use WooCommerce as it will cost you less as compared to any other solution. The main reason why it cost you less because of FREE stuff as well as development is super cheap and you will find many designers and developers online who work in WP.

Shahzad Jameel, Apr 11, 2016 IP
  17. d4nt0

d4nt0 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Shopify is just perfect for the people just like me. I am a conceptor and can't stay long to do any technical matters.

Also we can integrate it with many suppliers out there, so that I can only focus on marketing and giving the best possible customer service.

This is perfect for newbie too...

d4nt0, Apr 13, 2016 IP
  18. Offshoreservers

Offshoreservers Peon

Best Answers:
    Shopify is good eCommerce solution but have some big flaws for example their payment gateways are not working in a lot of countries i have face this problem before and contact support they were surprised also, they are advertised worldwide as best eCommerce solution but how they can be if they dont accept a single payment method in some countries.

Offshoreservers, Apr 14, 2016 IP
  19. Shahzad Jameel

Best Answers:
    Oh really? This is very strange. Not only they advertise but also look at the comments above as almost 75% of people are saying to use it :O

Shahzad Jameel, Apr 14, 2016 IP
  20. Mr.John90

Mr.John90 Member

Best Answers:
    My vote is with bigcommerce. I have used both of these but according to my experience I will suggest bigcommerce.

Mr.John90, Apr 14, 2016 IP