1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Shopify a good e-commerce solution ??

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by billy_the_kid, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Gomar

Gomar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I used it before and in my opinion it's good for people who wants something that's easy to use.

Gomar, Dec 20, 2014 IP
  2. strawberrybob

strawberrybob Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You should try opencart or woocommerce. Efficient and easy to use.

strawberrybob, Dec 21, 2014 IP
  3. aaqyl

aaqyl Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You should try Styledge. Ecommerce Starting at 499/- pm
    www.styledge.in

aaqyl, Dec 22, 2014 IP
  4. King-Servers

King-Servers Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, Shopify is a very reliable ecommerce solution and they have very good templates for online stores.

King-Servers, Dec 26, 2014 IP
  5. Gomar

Gomar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here's a comprehension review on Shopify and Volusion. http://dropshippingtoday.com/shopify-vs-volusion-independant-comparsion/

At the end of the day, I truely believe it depends on your needs and what you are doing and intending to do in the future with your business that will dicate the right platform for you. Read reviews and other people's experiences online. Try the trial out for yourself, though this can be really time consuming; then decide for yourself. If there was a best platform then there wouldn't be all these companies still around with so many customers. Shopify, Volusion, BigCommerce and Magento are the goods one that have proven themselves that comes to mind. They all appeal to a specific type of shop for different purposes. It might sound like I am not being very helpful right now, but once you dig deeper you'll know what I mean. Start with reading the article above then start googling some more and signing up with some of them and play around with it a bit for yourself. Most if not all of them have a free trial I believe.

Gomar, Dec 27, 2014 IP
  6. CharlesDeshields

CharlesDeshields Peon

Best Answers:
    Shopify is a great ecommerce platforms for purchasing the products, you will get a nice deals and discounts in this site. Shopify provide a user friendly ecommerce shopping cart solution that allow the businessman to easily accept credit card online.

CharlesDeshields, Jan 2, 2015 IP
  7. JimABlackmore

JimABlackmore Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes shopify is really a good ecommerce solution, people generally like ecommerce due to its simplicity, reliability, customizable design etc. are some nice features due to which people like it and call it good.

JimABlackmore, Jan 7, 2015 IP
  8. Kabin Sam

Kabin Sam Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    well, shopify is good but in other case you can try Boostmysale.com , it's the best online store , you can add alot of product

Kabin Sam, Jan 7, 2015 IP
  9. Skubana

Skubana Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There's a few things to take into consideration here. Whenever you're choosing your online platform, it's a lot like choosing a landlord. This decision matters greatly for your company and different options work better depending on your company.

First thing, take whatever trial they offer to give these platforms a test run.

A big factor for Shopify is it's very user friendly, and can be set up in a few hours. (This is a plus for someone just starting out in the eCommerce world) You pay your monthly fee and don't have to worry much after that. If you're selling on other channels and not just on your store you're going to need something to manage and organize those channels. (PM me for some further insight here)

Magento is highly customizable. It does take a bit more time to development and setup, but again you can make it fit your needs a bit better, at the cost of time and development.

Anyone feel free to email or PM me if you have any further questions, or need recommendations for other platforms.

Skubana, Jan 27, 2015 IP
  10. Shahzad Jameel

Shahzad Jameel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well there come limitation if you need some modifications or some specific type of changes. As it is a hosted solution so in terms of changes you might have to pay plenty of money on it.

Shahzad Jameel, Jan 28, 2015 IP
  11. Skubana

Skubana Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Business News Daily actually posted a really handy breakdown and analysis for Shopify. Here's the link:http://www.businessnewsdaily.com/7708-best-ecommerce-software-small-business.html

Skubana, Jan 28, 2015 IP
  12. irj

irj Active Member

Best Answers:
    Skubana said it well. I tried multiple platforms before finding one I liked.

Here is what I recommend:
    - Take advantage of the $.99 cent a month trial from 1and1.com for 3 months
    - They have multiple one click installs for eCommerce sites (no hosting or admin experience necessary)
    - Try Open Cart, Magento, Wordpress w/ woocommerce plugin.
    - Add a few products to each and play with the features
    - At the end of your 90 days you can either move to another host, start from scratch on another host once you find what you like, or stay with 1and1.com

If you want a professional site with little effort Shopify seems to be a good option. Although, I seem to remember the overhead costs being more than have a self hosted Wordpress, Opencart, or Magento site. Plus with Shopify you are limited with features depending on which package you select.

irj, Jan 29, 2015 IP
  13. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    One of the main reasons why website owners love Shopify is that is highly customizable. The last thing that any online store owner to want is that his store looks like any other generic online store. Shopify comprises of a wide range of templates and it has many customizable options. Shopify helps the online store owners in establishing a strong brand.

MilesWeb, Feb 2, 2015 IP
  14. Laurentiu Parau

Laurentiu Parau Peon

Best Answers:
    Full disclosure: I work at Bigcommerce. Another SaaS platform option is Bigcommerce. The advantages of a SaaS solution is that they handle all the backend, maintenance and security (PCI complaint) complexities for you, so that you the store owner can focus on doing what you do best. Marketing your store, getting new customers and collecting and shipping orders. For instance, Bigcommerce offers free and premium responsive themes, flexible product management, optimized checkout, best-in-class analytics, as well as seamless integrations with dozens of third-party apps. You can learn more here: https://www.bigcommerce.com/

Laurentiu Parau, May 1, 2015 IP
  15. Paresh Shrimali

Paresh Shrimali Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My Personal view:
    Compare with Magento .. Shopify is in lower category.

We can't say "It is the best".

Paresh Shrimali, May 4, 2015 IP
  16. meethi jain

meethi jain Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes shopify is good

meethi jain, May 5, 2015 IP
  17. GlitzyYapper

GlitzyYapper Member

Best Answers:
    Shopify is a very good and popular shopping cart but it depends what requirement you have. I have written an review article of Shopify som is here: http://www.amalink.net/shopify-review/

:)

GlitzyYapper, May 11, 2015 IP
  18. TheRatRaceChallenge

TheRatRaceChallenge Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I highly recommend Shopify! Woocommerce is another simple solution.

Best Regards,
    Richard
    TheRatRaceChallenge

TheRatRaceChallenge, Jun 6, 2015 IP
  19. ajasofttech

ajasofttech Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, we worked on this platform and this is really best platform for eCommerce solution.

ajasofttech, Jun 9, 2015 IP
  20. oskaroskar

oskaroskar Peon

Best Answers:
    Magento is not so user-friendly. You need to learn it.
    Shopify is far better in terms of ease of use. Plus you don’t have to learn anything.

oskaroskar, Oct 1, 2015 IP