1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is SEO Poisoning the Web?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by organicCyborg, Oct 21, 2009.

1. simpseo

simpseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I agree, I meant that I don't think it's possible for the majority of sites to have a reputation - it's something that only a few sites achieve. We recognise a few sites as being exceptional, or unique, or worthy of comment, so we reward them with backlinks among other things.

Lots of people are not interested in building a reputation, they just want to sell something and make a commission.

I think this guy (who wrote the article) is just trying to add to his reputation by being controversial.

simpseo, Oct 23, 2009 IP
    organicCyborg likes this.
  2. joelchrist

joelchrist Banned

Best Answers:
    I just utterly disagree with that blog and search engine optimizers are not scammers. They are really help our site to get top position on google.

joelchrist, Oct 23, 2009 IP
  3. stevestuff

stevestuff Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Everybody has their own opinion - everybody is right in their own mind. But you must realize, that without search engines - especially Google - there would be no need for purchasing SEO services (DUH). It's truly a give-and-take situation: those who can give more, are those who will reap more.

stevestuff, Oct 23, 2009 IP
  4. organicCyborg

organicCyborg Peon

Best Answers:
    And that's why they won't (and shouldn't) have a reputation, I think. There's nothing wrong with wanting to sell something, but if that's your primary goal, it really shows through in terms of quality.

organicCyborg, Oct 23, 2009 IP
  5. Roger_Silvester

Roger_Silvester Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont think that SEO is spoiling the WEB but Over-SEO and Black Hat SEO is can certainly be responsible for poisoning the WEB.

When it comes to over optimization, "you have two choices -- promote for search engines or promote for conversions...there is an over-optimization penalty. Do things in moderation. You need to promote for conversions, not the search engines.

Roger_Silvester, Oct 23, 2009 IP
  6. lbrg

lbrg Peon

Best Answers:
    Best argument for SEO so far. You're the only one that gets it pretty much.

lbrg, Oct 23, 2009 IP
  7. SeoStuff

SeoStuff Peon

Best Answers:
    Its a joke..Its like developing a product and deciding to keep the goods in godown or shops without marketing..

SeoStuff, Oct 23, 2009 IP
  8. AprilSky

AprilSky Guest

Best Answers:
    yeah I agree search engine optimizers are not scammers, they work to hard to make their websites popular to search engines and its not easy to do it.

AprilSky, Oct 23, 2009 IP
  9. azattacks

azattacks Guest

Best Answers:
    Totally agree!

azattacks, Oct 23, 2009 IP
  10. johntrivolta

johntrivolta Peon

Best Answers:
    search optimization has definitely poisoned the web. its making the site owners richer but surfers are in trouble,,they cant find the desired content very often.

johntrivolta, Oct 24, 2009 IP