1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is seo hard to learn?

Discussion in 'SEO' started by amwyyytg, Mar 19, 2009.

1. coolseo36

coolseo36 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    lots of folk hav already shown some really valuable sources but the actual thing is one must get his head screwed up for 2-3 months on internet going through plenty of trusted resources and discussions in forums like digitalpoint, webmasterforum, seochat etc. to learn good SEO!
    SEMrush

coolseo36, Mar 28, 2009 IP
    SEMrush
  2. amwyyytg

amwyyytg Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thx for all of your advices
    I'm about to learn SEO.

amwyyytg, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  3. densepense

densepense Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It is very hard... Even I am still learning it after 4yrs... You can never claim that u knw everything about SEO. it is just endless process until and unless your all competitors give up in competing you. Which is almost impossible.

densepense, Apr 13, 2009 IP
  4. melbel

melbel Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's not hard to learn, but you have to have a mixture of extreme interest, patience, and most importantly intuition. It may sound dumb, but intuition is really important. Most SEO experts will agree. Also, like many things you can never say "I know all there is to know about SEO." If someone ever said that to me, I would run. No-one knows everything about SEO, unless there is someone who is in cahoots with ALL the major search engines. And if there is a person like that and they are reading this, "How about lunch? It's on me!"

melbel, Apr 13, 2009 IP
    sainshea likes this.
  5. .grey.

.grey. Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree. SEO is not hard to learn, but it just takes time to practice so you'll get better at doing it.

.grey., Apr 13, 2009 IP
  6. juliereader

juliereader Active Member

Best Answers:
    not really but keep experimenting..you cant just learn by reading blgos and books..you have to do it otherwise you will speak good but do rubbish :)

juliereader, Apr 13, 2009 IP
  7. Tirmizi

Tirmizi Banned

Best Answers:
    seo is not that hard at all ... just remember where to look for information ... The problem is that you will find tons of articles and write up everywhere , which would be same thing nothign new , but just twisted and modified to fool search engines to think its unique content etc ....

follow some reputable blogs like ;

semoz.com/blog
    and matt cutts blog for official words on seo. That should be sufficent ..

However, i like the advice that you could keep experiementing .. all the reading won't get you anywhere unless you get out there and test, test and then test some more.

Cheers

Tirmizi, Apr 13, 2009 IP
  8. Johnscore

Johnscore Member

Best Answers:
    Not hard! You can find many tutorial sites. Just search google or other you will get them.

Johnscore, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  9. designgenerator

designgenerator Guest

Best Answers:
    i would say that it is not much of learning things, it's more about learning approaches...

designgenerator, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  10. linkrope

linkrope Banned

Best Answers:
    SEO is easy one. But you have to digg the whole internet.We most of guys spent few years to know each corners of SEO. But the matter is small. I mean takes time to search and analyse. If you have any professional SEO friends learn from him. But usually they don do.

Try googling, Question everything you got in your mind related to SEO. You can try some SEO books which might saves your time.

All the best to learn soon ...

linkrope, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  11. himoacs

himoacs Peon

Best Answers:
    Nope but it is a little time consuming and you need to have a little patience.
    Spend some time and follow some popular SEO blogs and you will be fine.

himoacs, Apr 14, 2009 IP
    melbel likes this.
  12. 9changtam

9changtam Peon

Best Answers:
    take time to read, and run run run

9changtam, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  13. silentsea

silentsea Peon

Best Answers:
    silentsea, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  14. drdavisjr

drdavisjr Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, seo is not hard to learn. You just need to practice to learn new techniques.

drdavisjr, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  15. paprgypc

paprgypc Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been at this for about two months and I have learned a lot. I still am not where I need to be and building backlinks to your site takes time, but you will start seeing rewards.

One of the big things is making sure that you have the correct key words for your site. I went out and looked at the code for sites that ranked high with the content like ours. This will tell you if your keywords are in the ballpark. Some of ours were not.

paprgypc, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  16. prateeksethi24

prateeksethi24 Peon

Best Answers:
    it is not difficult to learn

prateeksethi24, Apr 28, 2009 IP
  17. densepense

densepense Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi friends,
    I respect all your answers. But can any of my friends tell me that how SEO is not hard to learn. Can anybody tell me which site they got into ranking without submitting any content or without link exchange?

You can compete billions of sites just by making onsite changes in a week. Do anybody know these? If anybody over here who wrote SEO is not hard can explain me this then I'll accept myself as loser, I promise.

Just telling SEO is very easy to learn doesn't suggest that you know SEO, what you know is submission, blogging and link exchange for promoting any site.

Hope that all my SEO friends over here will take this thing positively and may be some could really reply to this.
    Thank you.

densepense, Apr 28, 2009 IP
  18. Microdot

Microdot Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've been in the game for 12 years now and I'm still learning as the search engines change.. it's one of those great areas that just when you think you've mastered all there is to know, they change the rules again.. and the cycle continues.

As for difficulty, it depends on how serious you want to get.. throwing in a title tag and a couple of metas isn't difficult, and some do call that SEO, but learning the ins and outs comes down to testing, testing, and more testing. It's not hard but it is time consuming.. and also very rewarding.

Microdot, Apr 28, 2009 IP
  19. digitalextrememediagroup

digitalextrememediagroup Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO is an ongoing learning experience. Start out by learning as much as you can and play around with a site to see your results. SEO requires more than tricks for the long run, It requires lots of study, hours of link building and web site promotion. Start with keyword phrases that have less that 100 k responses and see if your website ranks. Target for number 1 for that keyword phrase. Good luck and study hard. 12 years and Im still Learning.

20. denxioz

denxioz Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO is not very hard to learn. Even a grade school er can learn about SEO.
    The trick is put an effort on learning it and practice it regularly.

denxioz, Apr 28, 2009 IP