1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is selling on ebay worth the hassle?

Discussion in 'eBay' started by whydsuck, Apr 16, 2011.

I mean we have to keep packing and shipping. Is the return of time invested worth it at all?

whydsuck, Apr 16, 2011 IP
  2. sudhiros

sudhiros Peon

Best Answers:
    depends on what you sell and how many you ship, the shipping price mainly depend on the volume you give to the shipping company. I know people enjoying as high as 54% markdown on base price of UPS, its all game of numbers !

sudhiros, Apr 16, 2011 IP
  3. blogaboutnothin

blogaboutnothin Peon

Best Answers:
    I stopped selling on eBay because too many scammers. They file item not as described, and even if you win the case on eBay and PayPal, they can still do chargeback.

blogaboutnothin, Apr 16, 2011 IP
  4. andyelle1

andyelle1 Member

Best Answers:
    I personally think Ebay and Paypal have literary gone out of their way to make the whole experience bad for sellers and it is not worth the bother they put you through.

andyelle1, Apr 16, 2011 IP
  5. blogaboutnothin

blogaboutnothin Peon

Best Answers:
    Yea, if you want to give it a try, try selling stuff overseas and you will know what I mean.

blogaboutnothin, Apr 16, 2011 IP
  6. mondala

mondala Active Member

Best Answers:
    Packing and shipping shouldn't be a concern.. even on low volume, ideally the buyer pays shipping.. depends a lot on price point/weight/size of the items you are selling of course. As mentioned above, your biggest issue might be fraud.. You can make a lot of money on Ebay, especially choosing the right products. Heck, even acting as a junk broker buying stuff local/classifieds/fleamarkets/auctions/liquidations... misc., household, collectables, etc.. and selling the the global audience for premium value can be a great income.. products like these will also be less attractive to scammers.

mondala, Apr 16, 2011 IP
  7. serena85

serena85 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I really think that it depends on a lots of things, like what you are selling the price and so on, but most of the time you will not sell anything.

serena85, Apr 19, 2011 IP
  8. 69Firebird

69Firebird Peon

Best Answers:
    My only problems with eBay are the excessive fees and lack of reasonable support for sellers. I have three main product lines and do over 100K per year in business on eBay but the fees add up to nearly $20K per year.

One thing you need to look at is eBay is a great place to build a customer base for your own website. When I ship my items to buyers, I include a 10% off coupon for purchases on my website. Most of my repeat customers now buy from me on my site which cuts eBay out of those fees.

69Firebird, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  9. dp2011

dp2011 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    once you have the base your own site is bar far the best

dp2011, Apr 22, 2011 IP
  10. Laychoo

Laychoo Guest

Best Answers:
    This is a rather pessimistic view. My experience is nothing but good .... maybe except for the fees, but on the other hand, does it really matter if you are making money? ... you will attract what you focus on -> law of attraction. Hope it helps.

Laychoo, Apr 25, 2011 IP
  11. sjdataservices

sjdataservices Peon

Best Answers:
    Packing and shipping is not much difficult. If you use proper technique you can make huge profit on ebay. Also try using cheap carrier like USPS.

sjdataservices, May 23, 2012 IP