1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Rich Jerk fraud or not?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by eng152, Mar 2, 2008.

?

He is a fraud

Poll closed Jun 10, 2008.
  1. Yes

41 vote(s)
    51.3%
  2. No

17 vote(s)
    21.3%
  3. Not Sure

22 vote(s)
    27.5%
  1. KonaGirl

KonaGirl Peon

Best Answers:
    This is just too old to discuss anymore. His ideas were not original when he first came out with it and they are outdated now. His marketing sense on the other hand was brilliant!

KonaGirl, Feb 14, 2010 IP
  2. cameron jorir

cameron jorir Peon

Best Answers:
    If they are making "millions", why would they sell a book for $10 or even $100? If I were making "millions" I would never tell you how I'm doing it unless you couldn't replicate it at which point there is no value in buying a manual on how to do it is there? Smart businesses protect their core business model, they never give it away.

cameron jorir, Feb 14, 2010 IP
  3. cameron jorir

cameron jorir Peon

Best Answers:
    All he(?) does with his marketing is simply trying to be different in order to stand out from the crowd. I bought his ebook and audio and there is a ton of info in there ideally suited when you still don't know which type of marketing you are interested in. I'd say it is worth the money.

Actually smart people give tons of stuff away. That brings customers coming back for more in their droves. Look at people such as Lee McIntyre for instance... Tons of great free content, which makes people hungry for more, and then they buy into his courses which don't come cheap.

I've no doubt that Rich Jerk is running all the way to the bank... after all, look at the comments that his marketing strategy is causing. If it wasn't for this tongue-in-cheek obnoxioius attitude that he revels in then he would be struggling on the internet like the majority of people.

Give and it will all come back to you many times over.

I'm addopting that attitude on my site interviewcom.com ....free stuff rocks. Now I wonder if I'm going to get another infraction notice from Digital Point for making a relevant comment about my own site.

There a lot of ways that one can use to earn money online. There is no specific rule for that but you need to get the right information and this can be got by searching online and consulting someone who has been doing Make Money Online , as there are many scams too relating to online money.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2010
    cameron jorir, Feb 15, 2010 IP
  4. dbbrock1

dbbrock1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have no doubt in my mind that 99% of the haters in this thread have never made more than $1000/m online.

The comments you guys give are ridiculous.

'Why would he sell a book for $10 if he is making millions?'

Two reasons:
    • build a customer list
    • Upsells & back end sales. Do you honestly believe hundreds of affiliates would promote him for say $7 in commission?

Secondly, just because you can find his info for free online doesn't make it a scam. How much is your time worth? $10/hour? How much time would you have to spend finding all the info he covers in his book and compile/ piece it all together?

We're talking months here. So if you aren't willing to pay a measly $10 to save you months worth of effort, you need to seriously rethink your priorities.

For those that have downloaded/stolen his book, you guys are complete ass holes.

To the copper guy - you're talking out of your ass. This guy will roll you any day, and has probably made more money in a single month than you have ever made in your entire career online.

I think his Playboy mansion party that Jason Moffatt showed us is proof of that. I'm sure it cost him 200-300k for a party like that.

All I see here is haters and people trying to justify why the rich jerk was successful while they aren't.

Quite complaining on a forum and hit the grind.

dbbrock1, Feb 15, 2010 IP
  5. ndaustin

ndaustin Peon

Best Answers:
    Well said dbbrock1...

...Anyone with an ounce of sense would realise that the Rich Jerk is simply trying to be different from most other internet marketers. And I totally agree with the amouunt of content in his stuff... I bought the pdf and the audio, and I haven't got through it all. Cost me $20 for both, and definitely well worth it for anyone who wishes to look for numerous ways to make money online.

Maybe the Rich Jerk has an English sense of humour, which is lost on a lot of people who take him literally and therefore take offense. I applaud people who break the mould of stuffy conformism.

Prime example here everyone is that the Rich Jerk has succeeded in developing tons of free publicity from everyone on this thread, and if you don't accept the positives out of this and what he's selliing, then you are missing out.

So who wins? RJ of course, plus anyone who sees beyond the humour. I laughed when I first came across RJ, so I spent the wonga and felt good.

ndaustin, Feb 15, 2010 IP
  6. dbbrock1

dbbrock1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think a lot of people get put off by his act and subconsciously hate him for it.

If you read his copywriting, you can tell his is doing it on purpose.

And I think he does a really great job at it too.

The whole sales letter really sells well if you sit and read it.

He could be a very nice guy in real life. His RJ character is to make money. He is acting, and it's his job. Realize that, and I think you will hate him a lot less.

7. ndaustin

ndaustin Peon

Best Answers:
    I expect that most people see the humour in it and don't bother to post on this thread. I'm pretty thick skinned anyway, but besides that I wouldn't take any such sales tactics to heart. My first wife was a femenist and I put up with her crap for 25 years, so not a lot bothers me now.

Rock on RJ, I'm saving up for my Lamborghini too.

8. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    You wouldn't be the only one.

It's the idiots, noobs, who are making him out to be something he really isn't.

Perry Rose, Feb 15, 2010 IP
  9. ndaustin

ndaustin Peon

Best Answers:
    How can you say that? You OBVIOUSLY haven't bought or listened to his product otherwise you wouldn't be saying such rubbish. You are talking out of your rectum.... My comments were made in support of RJ because I actually bought his stuff and know that it is good value for money.

Some people have nothing better to do than to bitch off about something they know nothing about.

I'm going back to the Warrior forum, the company is far more mature over there.

10. dbbrock1

dbbrock1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Bingo! That's the way of the world...especially when words like fraud and scam are added in.

Starts to drum up a lot of herd mentality from people who feel the need to justify success when they saw none.

11. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    No bitching here, little-ones-who will-believe-anything. Just revealing the hyped up BS, of yet another assclown with a dead site.

12. tonyrocks

tonyrocks Active Member

Best Answers:
    This 700 day old thread is proof that RJ is effective and worth the $10 :)

tonyrocks, Feb 15, 2010 IP
  13. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    Nope, just naive, dumb posters posting fairy tales about this guy, while the more experienced know that he is indeed just a fraud.

Um, like on any other subject, that is how a thread gets to be so long, there, Gomer.

The same $10 (if his crap is that much) advice he sells can be read here, and on other boards.

*waiting in anticipation for page 11*

14. ndaustin

ndaustin Peon

Best Answers:
    Here here Tonyrocks... The herd mentality of most internet marketers don't get half as much extra publicity.

And Perry... We're all stating facts here, only some of them are right and yours are starting to get a little confused. Of course there are many scams to avoid and since you made nearly 3,000 posts you should by now be able to recognise what's real and what's not.

I suggest you spend 10 bucks on the Rich Jerk and if you still feel you are right then ask for a refund.

Strange how anyone can offer an opinion about something they have never read!

Actually RJs content is extensive and informative.
    What he tries to do is to sell ready-made websites on the back end. Selling on the back-end is common practice and experienced marketers can make up their own mind if they want to spend more money on RJ... Personally that is where my investment stops because the profits are too small, though nevertheless, the main product content is good. Perhaps you are too advanced to learn from this stuff Perry, in which case you must be doing pretty well, but there are loads of people who are starting up for which this information is a gold mine.

I've been into IM for two years and bought RJ's stuff within the last year, and I don't regret it. And I don't get offended by his sales tactics.... I'm amused by it, probably because I feel that it's one in the eye for femenism.

End of story.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  15. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    The stupidity here is so thick, you can cut it with a chainsaw.

Is it no wonder you dumbasses are still in the same situation, no traffic, no money, as you were before.

But, hey, wait, I thought he is sooooo good? What, what, what happened???

And is it no wonder that frauds like this assclown, with a near-dead site, and DEAD messageboard can sell info that can be easily read on boards like this.

Come oooooon page 11!

*cheerleaders cheering in the background*

16. GUESTID

GUESTID Peon

Best Answers:
    The Rich Jerk is a big marketing fraud.

GUESTID, Feb 15, 2010 IP
  17. dbbrock1

dbbrock1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Lot's of bad ass words being thrown around here by someone who doesn't have a website in his signature link. I realize that this forum might not be targeted to your audience, but I would really be interested in checking a couple of your successful web properties out...

Since we are all newbs and all, why don't you show us how it's done. I'm sure we can all learn a lot from you.

18. Josh D.

Josh D. Peon

Best Answers:
    What a character. Ebooks make a lot of money tho.

Josh D., Feb 15, 2010 IP
  19. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    A signature? Oh boy. Welcome to grade school.

*revs up the chainsaw*

Actually, I wouldn't even call it "big." For the most part, it is just a few noobs, dead-from-the-neck-up JimBobs here and there talking positive about him. Then throw in a few affiliates, telling even more lies with their ads so they can get a commish.

Go to more professional boards, with more intelligent members, like WebProWorld, WebMasterWorld and SitePoint, and just about all of them don't even know him. If they did, many would do a simple background check, and they would also see how dead his site and messageboard is.

Hell, just one look at his site tells volumes. I, for one, fell out of my chair from laughing so hard. I almost killed my cat.

And welcome to page 11, everybody!

Sit a spell. Take a load off.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  20. dbbrock1

dbbrock1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Surely your 9 million Alexa rank TheList.FM isn't your only site.

That 1 hit per day sure beats the pants off of the RJs 500+ daily visitors.

I realize that you probably have other sites, but if you are going to talk to us all from your high and mightly thrown, you might as well back it up by showing us at least 1 of your performing sites.