1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is responding to a site with Bootstrap a design flaw?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by forward98, Nov 23, 2020.

Is responsiving to a site with Bootstrap a design flaw?
    Is it possible to respond with css code without Bootstrap?
    is it hard?
    SEMrush

forward98, Nov 23, 2020 IP
    SEMrush
  2. Efetobor Agbontaen

Efetobor Agbontaen Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is very possible.
    Personally, I feel building a responsive theme without bootstrap is more difficult. I have done it before, though frontend is not fun for me, that project was worse.

However @deathshadow is much more experienced in this and has a different thought on it

Efetobor Agbontaen, Nov 23, 2020 IP
  3. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Bootcrap is... well...

https://medium.com/swlh/html-css-fr...ance-incompetence-and-ineptitude-4c1db2571de9

And it looks to only get worse

https://deathshadow.medium.com/bootcrap-5-and-the-derp-goes-on-e2d8be2c5c1e

There's nothing bootcrap can do that plain HTML and CSS cannot; for an obvious reason, it's written in HTML and CSS. It just so happens to be a train wreck laundry list of how NOT to write HTML and CSS, due to the use of presentational classes, and the simple fact that how it works and the examples they provide clearly show that the people who CREATED it are unqualified to write a single blasted line of HTML!

That said, I'd probably be able to better dial in an answer if the OP's post wasn't a broken Engrish moist goodry me love you long time.

deathshadow, Nov 23, 2020 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You shouldn't be quoting for any work if you can't build a site without bootstrap.

you might then decide to use it but you absolutely should know the answer to your question before pitching for work.

If I've misunderstood your question then please clarify what you need to know.

sarahk, Nov 23, 2020 IP
    Saputnik and kk5st like this.
  5. susiparker

susiparker Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Building a highly functional and responsive dashboard theme with bootstrap is very easy. Otherwise, it would take a lot of effort and struggle to do that.

susiparker, Feb 1, 2021 IP
  6. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Methinks we have different definitions of the words functional, responsive, and easy...

And if it's a lot of "effort and struggle" without bootcrap, you don't know enough HTML or CSS to build a theme for diddly squat. Dimes to dollars it's a bloated, slow loading, inaccessible wreck...

Since that's what bootcrap specializes in given how it uses presentational classes; given the raging chodo most people seem to have for dragging practice back to the worst of HTML 3.2!

https://deathshadow.medium.com/why-...or-html-css-are-ignorant-garbage-bcfdb02ec397

deathshadow, Feb 1, 2021 IP
  7. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Yet again you're posting crap that has nothing to with what the OP is asking, I understand you are just trying to spam some bootcrap dashboard theme but it's not working, you should realise that by now.

malky66, Feb 1, 2021 IP
    Saputnik likes this.