1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is rebublishing a page, that's not your own & in a different format fair use?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Forsh, Dec 21, 2016.

I try to save pages into PDF files if they are a source of information that is really helpful to me.
    At times I drop the PDF into a PDF hosting site.

I only have a personal website with absolutely no ads, no affiliate links, no sponsor links. None whatsoever, and never will. The PDF files retain the copyright information if it was on the page, and always displays the entire source link at the very top of the pages, which I suppose looks like a citation. Images can be stripped from the PDF and just renders text. Would this qualify as "fair use"?

Forsh, Dec 21, 2016 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    What is the purpose of the website? Is there any commercial aspect to it (e.g., subscriptions, viewing fees, etc.?)

jrbiz, Dec 22, 2016 IP
  3. pmf123

pmf123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    you can't fair use a whole article

pmf123, Dec 22, 2016 IP
  4. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The articles are worth $$$. It could even be that the site owner paid $$$ to have each article created. They can recover the costs if people read it on their website, where they may have multiple ways of benefiting from the traffic each article generates. You stealing it, could negatively imp

Legal aside, do you think it would be ethical, if you worked hard, or paid for content and others "borrowed" it under the disguise of "fair use"?

If you really like the content, why not just link to it. Or even just share it on social media.

Do not steal content. Maybe you can hire someone to write you articles that relate to what you are interested in. You can find copywriters here for 10cents to $1 per word.

matt_62, Dec 22, 2016 IP
    Agent000 and jrbiz like this.
  5. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You would be hearing from my lawyers if you did that with any of my content.

Agent000, Dec 25, 2016 IP
  6. CrankIt

CrankIt Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Maybe I am missing something, but it pretty much sounds like you're stealing someone else's content and re-publishing it on your page. Not good.

CrankIt, Jan 19, 2017 IP