1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is really the contents provided by robots are meaningful ?

Discussion in 'robots.txt' started by avatarmaddy, Oct 27, 2010.

hi

I heard that the contents provided by the robots are not unique and it has no proper meaning....

If you use a robot which provides unique contents with proper sentences and meaning .............can you suggest me

Thanks

2. shelinauto

shelinauto Peon

Best Answers:
    shelinauto, Oct 28, 2010 IP
  3. avatarmaddy

Best Answers:
  4. AtomicPages

AtomicPages Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean if the contents are useful. robots.txt files are useful because they allows certain bots to be able or to not be able to crawl certain directories of your site.

http://facebook.com/robots.txt
    Facebook's robots.txt file is a great example of how it can be useful assuming all of the bots they allow and disallow follow these guidelines that they've created for crawling facebook.

As for the meta info you can add, you don't really need this since you can basically create the same thing using your robots.txt file. nofollow actually can hurt yuur SEO ranking so noindex would be a better option.

Here is a good link on how to create a robots.txt file http://www.robotstxt.org/robotstxt.html

AtomicPages, Oct 31, 2010 IP
  5. avatarmaddy

Best Answers:
    mate i was trying to say that the contents provided by the robots are don't have proper meaning......Will these contents help our site development