1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Premium Membership Charge Refundable ?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by seofriend, Feb 14, 2013.

I was wondering if someone is not satisfied by Premium Membership.
    can he/she ask for a refund peacefully ? or it has to be done by credit card company/bank (chargeback)

seofriend, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Normally premium membership is non-refundable... but I'm curious, what part of it are you unhappy with exactly?

digitalpoint, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  3. seofriend

seofriend Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    a short answer to your question is :
    i find it useless for Myself

long answer:
    It needs a comprehensive change , when you apply it, i'll join then.
    1:Its been a long time i do seo , at least before you start this community . the change you've made in marketplace link sales section will make a good place for linkfarmers to sell spammy links , because no true webmaster would sell link on their website, unless its a directory .

People like me , text-link-ads.com , tnx.net (you know it well) and many others do not/can not own the websites we sell link on.

If you're not going to change that rule , you should probably remove that section (for sellers at least) , because the publisher program does the link sale thing either and it also verifies website ownership.

2:Well , i had expected to get a lot more in the private section , not just some bug reports and premium members helping other premium members.

There could be some sections for answers from affiliate experts , cpc experts and seo expert or other categories to premium members questions , this way you will attract more members and we won't feel we paid for nothing .

hope you find the above content as a piece of improving advise , not a bunch of arguments that i wrote to just make people not join your premium section .

please just go on and downgrade my account and issue a refund , or let me know if you don't want to refund it.

seofriend, Feb 15, 2013 IP
    Austech likes this.
  4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Seems reasonable... I'll handle the refund tomorrow morning for the unused portion as of the time you started this thread (it's 1am right now, and I need to go to bed).

As far as "improvements" to the link sales area... I don't see that happening anytime soon to be honest. I'd actually be more inclined to just delete the section, but then we get flooded with link sales in other areas. So it's more just a place to put so it doesn't spill over into other areas more than anything. I suppose there is some value in it, but since I've never bought or sold links myself that stuff really just isn't terribly interesting to me when it comes down to it... :)

digitalpoint, Feb 15, 2013 IP
  5. seofriend

seofriend Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Anything about the second part ?

I predicted this can be the reason.

but , you may notice that this forum is about SEO (SUPPOSEDLY) , and link building is a big part of it for webmasters.

seofriend, Feb 16, 2013 IP
  6. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Link building is far different than link buying. Generally, link buying is short term, link building is long term. Personally, I'm too lazy to care about either. Like I said, links just aren't that interesting to me other than if I need to click it to get somewhere. I'm a programmer, not a "SEO" (nor have I ever been one). There never was a point in my life that I ever thought a link was worth any monetary value for anything I've ever done.

Other people have different interests than me, which is why I'm sure there are websites more devoted to link sales. For us, it's just a place to put stuff to keep it out of other areas.

This forum started more out of necessity because we needed a support venue for existing customers/users (company has been around since 1995.. Forum didn't open until 2004).

digitalpoint, Feb 16, 2013 IP
  7. adbox

adbox Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I'm also looking to recoup funds from a recent premium membership transaction. I do not spend as much time here in the same way I used to, and I will not need another year of premium membership and was taken by surprise by my subscription, immediately canceled it and opened a resolution ticket requesting a refund.

What i am looking for is a good will confirmation by a capable staff member that my transaction will be refunded.

Any ideas?

Here is my personal thread asking for support:
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/thr...membership-transaction.2728983/#post-19016997

adbox, Aug 6, 2014 IP
  8. SocialProwl

SocialProwl Banned

Best Answers:
    Answer: NO.
    DP does not care about their users, but only does care about their money.
    They thank you for your poorly spent investment.
    Next time perhaps invest in something more useful like dog shit.

SocialProwl, Aug 15, 2014 IP
  9. adbox

adbox Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    hehe didn't last long.

I was awarded a refund by PayPal for a sequential transaction I was unprepared for. I'm satisfied.

The thing to remember that most ecom administrators that sell intangible products and services won't mind if you use the PayPal arbitration process for requesting refunds.

In my case the only person with the authority of refund was out of town and unavailable. I'm sure he would have refunded my by hand if he was around, but not being around I'm sure he's equally as happy that PayPal oversaw the arbitration process while he was away. That way he keeps on vacationing.

For those of you who want a refund immediately after buying, you're situation is a little less friendly. When I signed up for premium membership I knew what I was after and understood it was not a free trial, and would never ask for a refund.

If you are here reading this thread because you just bought the premium membership and have buyers regret then it's best practice to suck it up and enjoy your subscription. Otherwise if I were managing sales I would refund you, but I would keep 10-15% for a service charge due to there being no refund policy and the nature of the product.

adbox, Aug 16, 2014 IP
  10. corygod

corygod Peon

Best Answers:
    I want a refund too. I've been trying to cancel/unsubscribe but THERE IS NO WHERE TO CANCEL.

I DEPOSITED 100 TO MY BANK AND BOOM THERE GOES DIGITALPOINT 25 DEDUCTION FROM THE ONLY MONEY I HAVE LEFT DUDE NOW I HAVE TO BORROW 20 FROM MY MOTHER TO PAY THE CELL PHONE BILL.

I WANT MY LAST MONTH REFUNDED DUDE THATS BS. U MADE NO CANCEL BUTTON WTF IS THAT?

I MEAN MAKE A FUCKING CANCEL BUTTON DUDE IVE LOST 50 BUCKZ TRYING TO CANCEL NOW MY BITCH MOTHER HAS TO DRIVE ME TO THE BANK TO DEPOSIT ANOTHER 20.

FUCK.

REFUND MY 25 BUCKS OR IM GOING TO START A VIRAL FIRE AND GET EVERYONE HIGH ENOUGH TO SEE FUCKED UP SHIT.

corygod, Aug 19, 2014 IP
  11. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Obviously not the smartest cookie in the jar
    You seem to have a problem with your caps key being locked.

As I said in your other thread, no one but you has access to your PayPal account - you have to log into PayPal to cancel it ..... its not rocket science.

Agent000, Aug 19, 2014 IP
  12. chtdatweb

chtdatweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sure PayPal has a cancel profile button but i could be wrong, if i am wrong who knows what I have been clicking on :D - either seek a financial adviser or understand the fact that you are in control of your OWN subscriptions your OWN PayPal & your OWN finances. Why should DP waste time adding a 'Cancel' button when your not prepared to use your own time cancelling it yourself *shrug*.

chtdatweb, Aug 26, 2014 IP