1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is PPC Worth it?

Discussion in 'Yahoo Search Marketing' started by digitalcamera, May 10, 2006.

The rates are so high any idea how some advertisers can afford to pay 23 bucks a click for words like " Cheap Web Hosting " and if so can you make money with this?

digitalcamera, May 10, 2006 IP
  2. DanInManchester

DanInManchester Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes. It proves very successful if you use it right.
    I use google adwords.

The key is to choose highly specific key phrases to know exactly who you are targetting.

in my opinion "Cheap Web Hosting" is far to woolly and you need something more specific. Think about the type of hosting you are selling and what your custmers come to you for.

e.g. "cheap microsoft asp.net hosting" is more specific.

obviously this is just an example and "cheap web hosting" may be very effective for your business but my point is find out what your customers are searching for a and target those specific phrases.

as with SEO it's much better to target longer specific phrases than single words or common phrases.

DanInManchester, May 10, 2006 IP
  3. digitalcamera

digitalcamera Banned

Best Answers:
    You are wise beyond your years great advice.

digitalcamera, May 10, 2006 IP
  4. Crawdad

Crawdad Peon

Best Answers:
    Just wanted to say thank you Dan.

I'm working on putting some campaigns together and your advice was well needed by me.

Crawdad, May 12, 2006 IP
  5. Hans23

Hans23 Peon

Best Answers:
    As the PPC sites are mushrooming , the rates of bids come down thus reducing the revenues for Publishers.

Hans23, May 17, 2006 IP
  6. sbskater10

sbskater10 Guest

Best Answers:
    This is where creativity comes into play...

sbskater10, May 19, 2006 IP
  7. glitchx

glitchx Peon

Best Answers:
    Give it a try but you need to come up with a good list of keywords.

glitchx, May 19, 2006 IP
  8. waxingpoetic

waxingpoetic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Absolutely, "good" keywords aren't always the most expensive. Most of the time, specific is better because you target the audience of specific searchers who know exactly what they are looking for.

waxingpoetic, May 20, 2006 IP
  9. digitalcamera

digitalcamera Banned

Best Answers:
    Yah I agree but what I would like to know is why is it so hard to get approved, It seems their is always some silly reason when I find these gems yahoo never approves the ads, thats about the only thing I miss about adwords, I mean the clickfraud on google sucks but I mean they setup for approval doesn't exist just this stupid CPC exposure meter.

Why can't their just be a simple interface that is approved regardless then disapproved is its vulgar etc I mean the approval sucks I spent hours one day setting up killer ads that were just disapproved at the end of the day :( makes you want to strangle someone on search marketing.

Actually I think I even sent that exact email once to support@overture once. Did know good all I got was the blah blah blah you love the way we abuse you standard response.:(

digitalcamera, May 20, 2006 IP