1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is 'posting' counted as inodes in our hosting account?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by HIPVIE, Aug 20, 2016.

When we post articles on wordpress site, that will consume disk space on our web hosting. What I know, An inode is an unique index number given to the files and folders, we create under our cPanel account. Is our post on wordpress site also counted for inodes? I mean, does it add the number of inodes on our cpanel account? Thank you.

HIPVIE, Aug 20, 2016 IP
  2. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress posts and pages are stored in the database and not in the file system. So I would say "no" to your question. Unless somebody else knows otherwise?

billzo, Aug 20, 2016 IP
  3. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    It shouldn't, no. Inodes are strictly file-system, so a new file or folder will increase the number, but adding stuff to WP shouldn't. _HOWEVER_, if you add stuff like photos (which are uploaded to the server), videos or other media-files, THAT will add to the number. Same with new plugins and such.

PoPSiCLe, Aug 25, 2016 IP
  4. Andrew Shaw

Andrew Shaw Member

Best Answers:
    @PoPSiCLe is correct.
    Remeber however, that each email hosted in your account is also an inode.

Andrew Shaw, Mar 13, 2017 IP