1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is our micro-niche aim a good idea?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Domoner, Jun 12, 2014.

We're going after a micro-niche in the online fitness world (regarding exercise programs), while this micro-niche is a good size (plenty of potential customers) we have conflicting approaches:
    Should we aim to focus on a larger chunk of the market i.e. a sub-niche instead of a micro-niche (few times bigger than a micro-niche and market to a larger number of prospects.
    or,
    Should we continue to focus on this micro-niche market only and rather than investing in going after more markets, invest in our exposure to that particular micro-niche i.e. ensuring we show up on their social media pages, smartphones and just about everywhere we can for them only?

If anyone wants to through down their 2 cents.

Thanks.

Domoner, Jun 12, 2014 IP
  2. David Tile

David Tile Active Member

Best Answers:
    By staying focused on a micro-niche at first, you always have the option to expand your focus later on. The reverse is a bit trickier.

David Tile, Jun 12, 2014 IP
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Focus on the micro-niche and try to grow organically into the sub-niche.

jrbiz, Jun 12, 2014 IP
  4. BoostSoftware

BoostSoftware Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with the both of you. Yes, if you can be as specific as possible, your website visitors will better understand your objective. On the other hand, a larger category can help you if you can't decide on what to focus right now.

BoostSoftware, Jun 13, 2014 IP