1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Obama A Natural Born Citizen?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by simplyg123, Oct 22, 2008.

1. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Funny. As before, the many months of claiming he is a Muslim/Traitor, etc., you're back to a game where you are simply repeating identical information, over and over, in the thread. We've already covered each of these non-cases several times in this thread - every one of them will die, for reasons already covered, specifically, on each of the cases you keep repeating.

I find you to be otherwise quite an engaging poster, but this stuff over Obama, which really does become just oddly robotic, is flatly uninteresting, Bogart.

northpointaiki, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  2. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    I liked Obama a few months ago but now the more and more i see of him and hear him speak he goes down in my estimations but the thing is i don't know why. Mabye i just don't 'get' him yet i still think he is one of the better politicians to come out of the US in a long time, i think that says alot.

His constant message for change..change..change..change. OK, we have heard it enough times now. So what does he do, pick a bunch of Clintonites and keeps Robert Gates in his staff. I was also really dissapointed with his speech to AIPAC, it seemed like he was just being a typical politician and licking the ass of lobbyists, it's a shame because i thought he was different than the typical politician.

Now another thing that kind of annoyed me. He acted all nice and friendly with David Cameron here, and then went and talked shit behind his back. I'm no fan of Cameron, infact i don't like him myself, but it was a bit distasteful of Obama to accept some nice gifts from Cameron (A book, the smiths, radiohead, lily allen and gorillaz CD's) and then go and call him names in some magazine back in the states.

I can't quite put my finger on it but i hope he can impress when he gets into office.

ThraXed, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  3. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    I understand what you're saying, and have many of the same concerns, Thraxed. It's why a lot of people just think it doesn't matter who is in - many here would say Obama, McCain, and all the rest are really, just the same.

While not going this far, I think the view does have merit. Candidates do this - they move to the center from their positions during the campaign, and in seeking to appeal to as many as possible, politicians compromise themselves - and lie to their erstwhile supporters in doing so - all the time. My tendency is to set a trip switch at a certain threshold. Up to that threshold, as long as their words and deeds do a net good, I will give them a nod, though my tolerance for such an ethos has shrunk more and more over the years.

guerilla likes this.
  4. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    Yup, that makes sense.

This was also another thing that got to me.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2008-06-18-detroit-event_N.htm
    http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5jfXRK7bSCugwY9XFaEROz6yoAnNQ

Good that he apologized though.

ThraXed, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  5. isuccess

isuccess Peon

Best Answers:
    I like playing Obama slots at http://obamaslots.co.cc

Just for fun. The deal with Obama is to allow the man to deliver on his promises. He's literally working for the government now and probably was before he even started his campaign. By his fruits the nation shall know him. I'd give the man a chance to prove himself and as far as the citizenship thing, nobody will ever know. Let Phil Berg make a fool of himself or be a John the Baptist, crying in the wilderness. Just my opinion.

isuccess, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  6. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    I didn't know about this. That's awful. It was the right thing for Obama to apologize, but it would have been better for him to show something beyond his words, by bringing the two women onto the stage at a future event. When Colin Powell gave his endorsement, I applauded his remarks: "Obama isn't a Muslim. The really right answer is what if he is?"

7. indyguidedotinfo

indyguidedotinfo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    here is something. obama will need to get his top secret security clearance. to get this they need extensive background checks, they meet your friends and family etc. once this is done, if not already they should know where he was born, because if you lie to the person who interviews you, you goto jail!

indyguidedotinfo, Dec 5, 2008 IP
  8. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    On Monday, December 8, 2008, at 1:30 pm, the We The People Foundation will conduct a press conference at the National Press Club in Washington D.C.

The licensed attorneys who initiated lawsuits in PA (Philip Berg), NJ (Leo Donofrio) and CA (Orly Taitz), challenging Mr. Obama's legal eligibility to hold the Office of President of the United States, will briefly summarize the facts, legal arguments and status of their cases. They will answer questions from the press.

Prior to the start of the conference, at 10 am, the Supreme Court of the United States is expected to announce whether it will consider applications from these attorneys who have asked the Court to delay the proceedings of the Electoral College pending a determination of the underlying constitutional question - the meaning of the "natural born citizen" clause of Article II of the Constitution and its application to Mr. Obama.

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/sto...x?guid={35E191D7-D7BD-4722-BAF1-E6C0CBC18EA3}

bogart, Dec 5, 2008 IP
  9. simplyg123

simplyg123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for keeping us up to date Bogart. Im glad to see that the people are at least getting a chance to state their case to the press. Seems maybe some seriousness is finally being applied to the concern.

simplyg123, Dec 5, 2008 IP
  10. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Simply, paid ads and a press conference say nothing about anyone "taking this seriously." The people seeking the reversal of the electorate's clear wish want this, sure - but this doesn't mean anything. Unless a Subway Ad and a press conference by the Concerted Astral Projection Forces for Intergalactic Pastry Standards means "we're finally beginning to take subs, and space mind-travel pastry makers' concerns seriously.

I expect Berg's case won't even be taken up. As I said quite some time ago, it will simply languish, and die. If by chance it is taken up, or one of the other cases is moved beyond filing, to circulation and review, I fully expect the Petition(s) to be denied.

northpointaiki, Dec 5, 2008 IP
  11. simplyg123

Best Answers:
    Perhaps, but there is obviously some amount of press interest or there would be no press to hold a press conference.

If it were not being taken seriously, why would the press even show up?

12. kaethy

kaethy Guest

Best Answers:
    So, .... how many reporters were there?

kaethy, Dec 5, 2008 IP
  13. simplyg123

Best Answers:
    hasn't taken place yet, guess we will find out soon

14. jodyq

jodyq Peon

Best Answers:
    Obama unfortunately is not a natural born citizen, he like many of us were born via ceserean, don't really see how that would a court issue, last I checked ceserean birth was very much legal in panama. lol:eek:

jodyq, Dec 5, 2008 IP
  15. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Simply, in your mind, if press shows up, this means it is "being taken seriously?"

Not in my book, anyway. Raw meat for the media, that thrives on anything that, well, buys more media. By way of example, a press conference on the subject of Britney Spears's "comeback" - is this, now, "being taken seriously" by a lot of people, or the press knows it buys another 15 minutes of attention?

What troubles me, really, about all this, is that I have watched a process for 2 years now, where anything under the sun - the wildest fabrications and hoaxes - has been attempted to be thrown on the candidacy, and now, election, of the man, having nothing whatsoever to do with his intended policies. I have to ask, why?

Particularly peculiar to me is that many of the people most interested in pursuing the taint of a conspiracy respecting Obama are among those most vigorously deriding 9-11 "truthers" as conspiracy loons. It just doesn't add up, it seems to me.

northpointaiki, Dec 5, 2008 IP
  16. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I spent pages trying to get it to add up.... or at least trying to get them to say what they really think.

I failed :(

GeorgeB., Dec 6, 2008 IP
  17. domainer_10

domainer_10 Peon

Best Answers:
    imagine all hell breaking lose if supreme court says obamanation is not eligible for presidency. :D

domainer_10, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  18. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, imagine that.

Now wake up.

GeorgeB., Dec 6, 2008 IP
  19. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    People want to see "proof of citizenship" and compliance with the US Constitution.

Why is Obama spending money fighting the release of the vault copy of his Hawaii birth certificate and Havard transcripts?

bogart, Dec 7, 2008 IP
  20. AnimeFevers

AnimeFevers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    its funny how the 2 electies are not even american, well it was an american who screwed up his country so I guess you need a non american president :p

AnimeFevers, Dec 7, 2008 IP