1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Obama A Natural Born Citizen?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by simplyg123, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    From my perspective it looks like Bogart is talking too himself in this thread.

In any event, it is more than possible, it is completely plausible given the fact that Obama, his sister and his grandmother all disagree on the location of his birth.

Mia, Nov 10, 2008 IP
  2. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What is going to happen if it is discovered that Obama is not a 'natural born' citizen or worse that Obama is not an American citizen?

In your opinion does it matter?

bogart, Nov 10, 2008 IP
  3. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Bogart, you are consistently avoiding the point.

The Court is not a trial court, a tryer of fact. The lower courts were very careful to include relevant Supreme court rulings in making their rulings, and Berg's complaint is dead.

Now, for months, along with the buddy joining you in the post above, you've been trying to claim Obama is an Islamic terrorist plant, and for months, I wondered what you will do when the American people elect him. I now see what you will do - waste your time, and cloud threads up with repeat cut and pastes of the same thing.

It's over, Bogart. I admire your intellect, unlike that of your partner in this thread, but when you do this kind of stuff, I really do wonder what is in it that drives you.

northpointaiki, Nov 10, 2008 IP
  4. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What do you believe? Can I ask you a few simple questions for a moment?

1) Do you believe the former president of the Harvard Law Review, Barack Obama, doesn't know where he was born?

2) Do you believe the birth certificate show here is a fake? (I know you think it "could be" but the question is, do you actually believe it is?)

3) Do you think the Hawaii dept of Health is part of a vast conspiracy and that that is the reason they validated his birth certificate?

4) Do you believe the Honolulu advertiser archive showing his birth announcement is fake too?

5) You like to keep pointing out that under Hawaii law it's possible for him to have gotten a BC after being born somewhere else. So my question is, just for the sake of adding some credibility to your conviction and determination do you actually believe that he did?

GeorgeB., Nov 10, 2008 IP
  5. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Myself, I still believe this will be an issue for the Supreme Court to decide given there is no precedent or provision for such a blunder in the Constitution. I don't think I want to go through that, because as I have indicated in the past, its not like Obama would be removed and Biden would be president. The president would fall to the next VALIDly elected person in the line of succession. Pelosi. I'd rather have a catheter the size of a telephone pole inserted in my johnson, than see that happen.

The logical part of me keeps telling myself that if this BC controversy were for real, someone somewhere would have said something about it already.. However, given that past presidential candidates have been aloud to be secretive enough to the point where no one even saw their medical or tax records until after the fact, or never, I guess even logic can defy logic at times.

Mia, Nov 10, 2008 IP
  6. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's true. The conservative nutjob argument has deteriorated down from thinking they had PROOF that he was not a natural born citizen to just that it's "plausible". It's the final refuge for a person trying to make a point that doesn't have one.

Because of the fact that anything is plausible, you never really have to make a strong case to support your claims. Just say it's "plausible". :D

Now let me ask a counter question, given all the evidence provided here in this thread..... is it LIKELY?

7. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The trial court hasn't made a ruling on the facts.

The computer generated birth certificate does not prove that Obama was born in Hawaii.

If Obama has nothing to hide, let him produce that vault copy of the birth cerificate with all the information.

The Honolulu advertiser archive is nothing more than a birth announcement.

Somebody is lying. Obama's grandmother and family claim Obama was born in Kenya.

bogart, Nov 10, 2008 IP
  8. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    This betrays a misunderstanding of the law, particularly appellate law and Supreme Court practice. Yet again: they've already decided on like cases, the lower courts were careful to construct their rulings along these lines, Petitions for Writ of Certioari are rigorously constrained, and - nothing will happen, but the death of Berg's complaint. I will be prepared to eat my words if the Court doesn't simply reject this asshole's plea.

9. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    No, my comment about Bogart talking too himself had more to do with the responses he makes to people I have on ignore.

It is possible, not plausible. IMO.

Mia, Nov 10, 2008 IP
  10. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Fair enough. I only said that because you said "it is completely plausible".

11. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    They didn't need to - they properly ruled on a Motion to Dismiss, which as you know (and as we've said a million times), presumes Petitioner's facts are true, and rules on other criteria. Once again, the lower court included Lujan:

And by the Supreme Court's own rules on a Petition for Writ of Certioari:

I asked you earlier, and you haven't answered. Please indicate under which provision above you believe the Court will award Petitioner's Petition for a Writ of Certiorari.

12. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Great so based on that statement you aren't arguing the birth certificate isn't real. And since you didn't address the fact that it was validated by the state of Hawaii you are not arguing that they are lying.

So in essence NO. You do not believe they are fake. You just don't believe they prove anything.... Even though out here in the real world outside wacko land.... they prove exactly what we've been trying to tell you :D

Do you actually believe he has something to hide? Do you think there is no vault copy?

Let me enlighten you on a core fact you're not realizing...

A) They don't just give you your vault copy. So Obama isn't hiding anything. Ask the state of Hawaii for it. I know that does you and your nutjob agenda no good because then you can't cry about Obama. But sorry, those be the facts :D

B) The very fact that you know the "computer generated" birth certificate you've seen is real (because I can't get you to say it's not) and that it's validated by the state of Hawaii should tell you something..... It should tell you that if asked, the Hawaii Dept. of Health (not Obama, sorry :() would provide the vault copy. You know it exists because they don't just hand out the computer based ones based on nothing.

Umm... unless that is you want to backpedal and right now make the claim that they are lying? Do you believe the state of Hawaiii lying bogart?

Yeah, that's all it is. ROFL

Please provide proof from a credible source of either of those claims.

I must warn you though: I've seen the "video" you kooks are trying to pass off as video evidence his grandmother said she was there. You know... the video where there is no actual video and it doesn't even have HER saying it?

Only links I could find about his sister were on worldnetdaily (ROFL) and right wing blogs. Where's the original source of these "reports"?

13. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I think the bigger problem here is not the lack of credible proof of a claim, but the lack of credible proof to the contrary that is furthering the mystery.

Mia, Nov 10, 2008 IP
  14. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What proof of his citizenship has been provided that is not credible?

The birth certificate?
    The validation and certification by the State of Hawaii of that birth certificate?
    The birth announcement found in the local newspaper archive on microfilm?

I see what you're saying but the only lack of credible proof there is is proof that he was born anywhere but the United States.

15. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    I can't believe this thread is still going- ha ha ha!

Why are you even arguing still, George? His "proof" to me was a link to Wikipedia!

Crazy_Rob, Nov 10, 2008 IP
  16. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    You do know that Larry Dallas is not Larry's real name right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Dallas

Mia, Nov 10, 2008 IP
  17. simplyg123

simplyg123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My proof was federal law, which Wikipedia, happen to recite.

The whole point to this thread is that there is a reasonable question to his citizenship, he should produce to the courts his birth certificate. Thats it. I cant say he's legit, I cant say he's not. If he produces it to the court, Case closed. Apparently that's too much to ask. Yet every citizen in the country is required to produce it for the government. Sounds a bit like a double standard to me.

simplyg123, Nov 10, 2008 IP
  18. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Which federal law, again?

19. simplyg123

simplyg123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    North this was the discussion mentioned several pages back. As you can see i quoted a clip from Wikipedia reciting federal law about McCain citizenship

simplyg123, Nov 10, 2008 IP
  20. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    My opinions are derived from three books I read. One of them was authored by Obama, another by Corsi. Couple this with comments his grandmother made that are contrary to both his own comments and his sister's, all of which have been published, but have yet to be disputed.

Mia, Nov 10, 2008 IP