1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Obama A Natural Born Citizen?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by simplyg123, Oct 22, 2008.

1. simplyg123

simplyg123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If its real its real, but why not produce it to the court and end it all? Why is he willing to produce it to factcheck, but not an official court of law? I don't get it.

Not that it matters, but i read somewhere that Obamas aunt is an illegal alien.

simplyg123, Nov 1, 2008 IP
  2. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm guessing (why ask) the State of Hawaii's certification won't suffice, then?

LOL - No, not that it matters, but let's be sure to make an issue out of this one as well because, well, hell, absolutely nothing else has stuck.

Uh, even less than I care that McCain's wife was a narcotics addict who used the charitable foundation she founded for children to secure illegal prescriptions, I'm not electing Obama's aunt. I'm also not electing Palin's teenage pregnant daughter. Crazy, I know. Go figure. :rolleyes:

northpointaiki, Nov 1, 2008 IP
  3. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    lol you guys are still going in this thread?

They don't even care anymore whether it's real or not. They just want to keep hope alive with their wishful thinking as we come closer and closer to election day.

I lol'ed at "last ditch effort". You do realize this has been a thread about you trying to convince others (and yourselves) that it's possible Obama is not a citizen don't you?

GeorgeB., Nov 1, 2008 IP
  4. simplyg123

Best Answers:
    Actually it was more about questioning why he wouldn't just produce his BC to the courts.

By the way ABC just reported a major boost favoring McCain, looks like he is only 1 pt behind in the nation weighted average now. See Below

[​IMG]

5. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Hmm...I don't know where Simply's looking, but here's what I see for ABC's tracking poll, 11-01: Obama 53%, McCain 44%, "unchanged from the last 4 nights."

October 31: http://abcnews.go.com/politics/PollTracker/fullpage?id=5611512

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenumbers/2008/11/movable-voters.html

I think it was LogicFlux who raised an interesting theory: the early voters show a strong (I think it was a 2-1 Democratic margin) preference for Obama, so the "closing trends" seen breaking for McCain may be completely overwhelmed by the greater early voting for Obama.

This also ignores the "who cares," since it is electoral count that matters, with Real Clear currently showing Obama up by +179.

Nevertheless, yes, by all means - it's a dogfight. No one should be complacent. Simply, if you'd like to stay home and sip on some Bourbon, it's on me. :D

6. simplyg123

Best Answers:
    Just having some fun :D

Bourbon actually sounds pretty good right now. :D

7. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Buffalo Trace is in my glass. ;) In fact, guess I'm in a booze mood. Going to start a thread about favorite whiskeys - Bourbon, Scotch, Irish - in the general forum...

8. simplyg123

Best Answers:
    Go for it, you know what, i dont have any bourbon, but i do have some rum, i think ill make me a drink and join you in the thread

9. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    That sip is gone, and the bottle is a dead pony. :(

Anyway, did start a thread on faves....if you have one, knock yourself out.

By the way - Simply, I know we've gone back and forth, and the other day, I noticed a thread on something-or-other appeared to have been obliterated by the mods (think it was on Obama's and abortion).

You mentioned there that you've a wife and a family you love, and I replied - not sure if you ever saw that, in all the other stuff going on; so let me say it again, I wish nothing but the best for you and your family. At the end of the day, this is the heart of things, for any of us, your post was touching, honest and true - and I just wanted to wish you many happy years together. :)

10. simplyg123

Best Answers:
    Wow. North, its great to hear you say that. It really means a lot. ;)

11. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    awwwww *hugs*

GeorgeB., Nov 1, 2008 IP
  12. LogicFlux

LogicFlux Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL NPT is drunk and fuzzy.

[​IMG]

LogicFlux, Nov 1, 2008 IP
  13. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    LOL - well, maybe just a little.

But no, truth be told, if there are areas of agreement with someone, I'll gladly take them. Simply did post a heartfelt post, it's something I respected, and on the issue of his love for his family, I certainly feel the same way about my family.

In fact, this notion of "common understandings" is something I long ago admired about Obama - find areas of agreement, and begin working from there.

northpointaiki, Nov 2, 2008 IP
  14. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    A birth certificate doesn't mean that Obama was Born in the US.

A parent can fill out an application for one after the fact and receive one ven if the child was born abroad.

bogart, Nov 2, 2008 IP
  15. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    Well Hawaii isn't part of the USA anyway really. Correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't it stolen in broad daylight?

[​IMG]

Sorry for the image...just felt like having a homebiz moment there. :D

ThraXed, Nov 2, 2008 IP
  16. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    A real homebiz moment ;)

[​IMG]

bogart, Nov 2, 2008 IP
  17. kaethy

kaethy Guest

Best Answers:
    First the link you provide clearly states this late registration procedure is for People BORN IN HAWAII and NOT for persons born abroad.

Second, just because you can apply, that doesn't mean you will get one, this procedure is not unique to Hawaii, and is not without requirements.

Third, the Hawaii newspaper has provided a copy of the birth announcement

You're just not getting anywhere with this.

kaethy, Nov 2, 2008 IP
    Crazy_Rob likes this.
  18. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It would be simple to fill out an application and STATE that Obama was in Hawaii.

Obama's grandmother or mother could have phone in the request for the birth announcement.

From what I understand, Obama's mother was in Kenya and refused permission to board the plane, because of the extremely late stage of her pregnancy. As a consequence Obama was born in Kenya. After his birth, his mother and Obama returned to Hawaii. Thereafter, the application as I suspect was 'fudged'.

In 1961, as per the immigration law at that time, Obama did not qualify for American citizenship. His mother was 19 and had not lived the qualifly number of years past her 19th birthday.

In any case, this would disqualify Obama from being President of the US.

The Haiwaii birth certificate as a pointed out proves NOTHING.

bogart, Nov 2, 2008 IP
  19. kaethy

kaethy Guest

Best Answers:
    Sure, it's simple to fill out the application, it isn't that simple to get it approved.

If his mother was in Kenya when he was born, she would have been visiting there, not living abroad, and he therefore would be eligible for DERIVED CITIZENSHIP through his mother. So if you are right that he was born in Kenya, he would not be an illegal alien.

You certainly seem to have an inside track on his birth details. Did I miss your links to prove all this?

Have you called McCain's headquarters to tell them all about it??? Did they call you a nut case and hang up on you?

kaethy, Nov 2, 2008 IP
  20. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's not as clear as you believe.

bogart, Nov 3, 2008 IP