1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is my SERP CTR low or normal?

Discussion in 'SEO' started by FarrisFahad, Jul 2, 2016.

Hi all, I have a website that is ranked in the top 10 results. My problem is my CTR. I find it low. I am getting anywhere between 0.50% and 2% CTR. That data is taken from Google Webmaster Tools. Is this normal, because I have seen websites that are getting 10%. How much do you get?

FarrisFahad, Jul 2, 2016 IP
  2. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First, whatever answer you get is going to be pretty much useless. You have to compare your numbers with competitors who are trying to rank for the same keywords. Not likely to happen but if you did come across that information, then you can compare apples to apples. If competitors are reporting the same, your CTR is average.

Second, CTR is very dependent on your position. That too has to be taken into account when comparing with competitors. If someone says they get 1%, you need to know for which position and compare your numbers for that same position.

No matter if you think (or know when comparing to competitors) your CTR, nothing stops you from trying to improve it. So the question is not to ask what we are getting but what can you do to improve your number?

Lucid Web Marketing, Jul 4, 2016 IP
  3. tahmina Rimmi

tahmina Rimmi Member

Best Answers:
    hello

its depends on yr website ranking. if yr website condition is good and seo friendly then it will increase CTR. try to improve it.

tahmina Rimmi, Sep 25, 2016 IP
  4. tahmina Rimmi

tahmina Rimmi Member

Best Answers:
    we increase our CTRs. Below are a handful of experiments, case studies, and best practices on how you can make your search results more clickable.

There are many good long-term strategies for increasing CTRs, such as focusing on building your brand, ranking higher for keywords, and developing your copywriting abilities,

1. Write 25 headlines, and split test them for CTR2. Using Urgency to Increase Clicks
    3. Use authorship, and make your picture stand out like a sore thumb
    4. Cram your SERPs with rich snippet data
    5. Update “2013” to “2014”

tahmina Rimmi, Sep 25, 2016 IP
  5. Furquan Ahmed

Furquan Ahmed Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1.Don't know why anyone write 24 headline do split test them.

2.Your knowledge seem out dated regarding Authorship.
    http://searchengineland.com/goodbye-google-authorship-201975

3. Google only allow to mark 7 content type what if he don't have anyone from this list.
    https://developers.google.com/search/docs/guides/mark-up-content

4.Again the example which you have given is useless & outdated its only work if you have them in your Title.

Furquan Ahmed, Sep 25, 2016 IP
  6. wordplucker

wordplucker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds like they bought a PLR and used them all for testing, which of course made for a lot of SEO work on their end, giving more ranking... mmm, effort....

There are so many variables that there is now way anyone could give an answer with the information provided. There are some that claim that they will not push a CPA offer that does not give them a 20% CTR from their site. I laugh in their faces.
    I've known marketers that have had a seemingly pathetic 0.009% CTR and were overjoyed with it since it was almost 100% purchases for two acai berry offers at $35 each. They were driving tens of thousands of people to their sites every month with two offers and mere 0.009% CTR on each offer.

So, it all depends on a lot of things...

wordplucker, Sep 25, 2016 IP
  7. tahmina Rimmi

tahmina Rimmi Member

Best Answers:
    i think u should updated yr mind and comment. i knw what i wrote. please if u knw th ans then giv the ans in yr way. thank u

tahmina Rimmi, Sep 26, 2016 IP
  8. Maria Watson

Maria Watson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think it will increase gradually as your ranking improves

Maria Watson, Sep 26, 2016 IP
  9. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You don't need to write exactly 25 headlines. But do come up with a few and as many as you can so that you can rotate them. I do that for PPC ads but it's rare I have 25 although I will typically come up with 10 or so different lines and building ads from these can easily reach 100 different ads (10 x 10).

As for a picture, you don't want it to stick out too much as that will take away from your message and reduce conversions. Same for your logo. I'm trying to convince a client to change because their logo takes up a third of the upper screen portion and simply pushes their message down and it's hardly seen. Your logo is not what visitors come to see and usually not a picture either.

Lucid Web Marketing, Sep 26, 2016 IP